View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up
Dont you think there is a good old boy type feeling amongst most people in the industry that allows this to go on? Its almost like you have to keep the secret or chance getting black balled out of the sport, if thats what its called. Honestly anyone who wagers serious money on this sport, especially after hearing that should have their head examined.
It is a very "don't ask, don't tell" industry. It is very good ole boy. But as history has taught us, good ole boy networks only last for so long until someone gets f'd and it all tumbles down quickly.

Why you are asking for even more aggressive journalism is beyond me. Steve just let that flow yesterday and didn't even really have to ask. If he asks a question, maybe it 'closes' Allday and he stops talking because he is realizing what he is doing. I don't know. But all I can say is that very statement will send this industry into turmoil. It is probably all over the backstretch today and who knows, maybe Dutrow will call in and try and defend himself. Whatever Allday may or may not have done in the past, it doesn't matter now, but what he did was talk about something that EVERYONE has walked on eggshells about for the fear of getting sued because all they had were statistical movements and assumptions. Allday has friggin proof of this and basically handed it to them on a silver platter. I CAN'T WAIT.