Thread: tipping
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
Actually I respectfully disagree here Jim. A teller that is willing to look for you and wave you in when time is short or a teller who takes the extra interest in your play can be very important to a good day.

I have learned to isolate a couple of tellers who I have a relationship with that take care of me so I take care of them. It really helps you and them especially when you are in a crowded venue....
well the big difference is that you use tellers for wagering and have developed relationships with them. In that case if you feel you get some special service from your teller, that is something different and I guess i can understand the tipping.

just to let you know where i'm coming from, I never place any wagers with a teller, I only use the autotote machines. I use the teller for only one transaction and that is to cash out my voucher or to cash an irs ticket. its my money and I don't know why they should get a tip for simply handing it over to me. I also don't tip the teller at the bank when I make a cash withdrawal.