View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
My advice to pgardn was to rid himself of America-hating leftist associations ... and I'll offer the same advice to you.

When you were a youngster ... your parents undoubtedly warned you about getting mixed up with the wrong crowd. As an adult ... you haven't followed that advice ... you've given your mind over to ultraleftist propagandists ... who also happen to be the world's biggest losers.

For the sake of your own future success and happiness ... you should rid yourself of these losers whose philosophy has been relegated to the garbage can of history.

By the way ... the article you cited is not an "editorial" ... it's an opinion column by the very type of leftist loser you should be shunning. If you want to learn more about history, economics, and politics ... try reading the opinion columns of Thomas Sowell ... whose archives can be found at townhall.com.

Good luck.
Sorry, BB. My parents are the losers of whom you speak. You know what I like about them? They would never, EVER refer to another person that way, no matter the color of their political stripes.

I'm quite happy with my life now. I'm glad I can see the good and the bad in my country. Sure, most of my friends are liberals (I'm guessing most of yours are conservatives, and that's fine - like attracts like for all of us), but I do have good friends who are conservatives, and sometimes they help me appreciate issues in a way I wouldn't have seen before. Sometimes, they don't. I think I do the same for them, and I prefer engaging in that kind of conversation than in the name-calling you've resorted to. Do you really think anyone follows your advice when you use such condescension?

Oh, and I used to write opinion pieces for my city paper. Sorry about the mixup in terminology.