View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Oaklawn

Why would a colt who broke his MD with a 66 BSF at Calder then ran 3rd in a slowish allowance race be getting alot of mention from Nick. He's certainly well bred but nothing he's done so far screams "Derby" and maybe Nick knows it.

He's bred for routing (by Awesome Again) and maybe (again a guess, I don't speak to Nick daily or spy on his records) he's a bit slow growing and is in need of time. I don't recall hearing his name on the several occasions when I was in the Zito barn at SAR. Does that mean he wasn't there, no, but no one was talking about him. THAT speaks volumes.

It is unreal that anyone would say that just because THEY are not informed about a given horse's plans that he's "languishing." Trainers owe the public nothing in terms of info. What they do choose to discuss with the press is usually dependent upon what the media asks. Zito is not sending out media releases. If Grening (or others) come knocking he will answer their questions but he's not likely to bring up horses that are not on the writer's list.

BTW, the $200k San Fernando is the richest race run this year. Exactly how many stakes has Zito entered this year?