View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITF View Post
I agree. His SA derby was better than it looked (I think). My main issue is those CA 3 year olds haven’t been very good outside of CA this year.
Which ones?

Practical Move and Skinner haven’t run outside CA.
Reincarnate finished 3rd in Rebel with a bit of trouble, 3rd in Arkansas Derby. Meh in the Derby.
Newgate hasn’t run.
Mandarin Hero was meh in the Derby.
Hejazi was 2nd in Lafayette to Corona Bolt.
Fort Bragg 2nd in Pat Day to General Jim.

I think a few of these horses are talented but probably not two turn horses (Fort Bragg, Reincarnate, Hejazi).
I think we’ll see Practical Move and Skinner reappear in some graded stakes and wouldn’t be shocked to see them run well.

For National Treasure, it looks to me like he has been slow to switch leads in a few of his races. He’ll lose ground coming out of the turn and then you can see him switch leads and he makes up ground late in the stretch. Maybe someone who is better at eyeballing that can confirm. Based on his recent workouts, it looks to me like he’s improved. If he sets the pace and switches leads properly, I think he’s got a very strong chance to win this one. I think he’s my pick.

Like I said, if anyone else who is better at analyzing this feels differently, I welcome the feedback but that’s what I’m seeing out of him.