View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 01:54 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
No, you quoted a chart. I watched the race. Nobody got "crushed." There was some bumping. It's a 20 horse field going 1 1/4. All things considered, there wasn't a significant amount of trouble.

What hurt Classic Empire most about the bumping was that it cost him position, something that was very valuable in this particular race. Couple that with him being forced to rally wide, and there's a more than reasonable argument that he ran the second best race.

IMO, it's best to focus on what actually happened, and how it may have affected the horses involved. Horses have trouble all the time that ultimately proves irrelevant.
Everybody watched the race........come on.
And everybody saw with their own eyes the bumper car chain reaction caused by IWC.
I just presented the chart and some of the quotes because they were accurate.
When word(s) such as "victim of the melee"/"hammered off stride"/"steadied out of the jam up"/"forced in and jostled"/"was jostled hard soon after the start"/"forced into tight quarters" appear,they are used because that's what actually happened..
And please spare me the cheap shot on the Kentucky chart callers trying to justify your mistaken view of the race.........they are skilled/trained professionals who do an outstanding job day in and day out.
Look,I'm sure you're a decent sort............but man you got this one wrong.

Last edited by taxicab : 05-12-2017 at 02:07 AM.