Thread: MLB Wildcard
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Start off by prefacing I am a Yankees fan and any true Yankee or Met fan despises the other team. This is not sour grapes. MLB really needs to make these Wild Card games 2 of 3. Start on Monday after the season and have every game at the site of the higher seeded team as a reward for being the highest seeded team. Then start the playoffs on Friday with every team playing which would give it the feel of opening 2 days of NCAA where you have non stop games.
Something needs to change. I don't know if an additional wild card series is the answer as this is already going into November should either DS or CS series' got the full 7 and the WS goes 7.
The main negative impact of a one game playoff - besides being patently senseless - is that it severely handcuffs the winner as they now have to go on the road AND lose they their Ace for the first 3 games.

In my opinion I would do away with the game all together and utilize a series of criteria to determine who the two wild card teams are with descending tie-breaking marks - for instance:

Overall Record
Head to Head record
Total Road Wins
Total Road Runs Scored

Something like that. Seems the most logical approach