View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 08:32 AM
Tropical Park

I'm having some trouble with the PA derby results.

consider this group

Nyquist - winner of BCJ, Kentucky Derby, Fla derby, San Vincente, Best Pal
Exaggerator - winner of SA derby, Preakness, Haskell, 2nd in kentucky
Cupid - winner of The Rebel, VW derby, Indiana derby

THERE IS SOMETHING FUNNY ABOUT THEM NOT BEING IN THE MONEY AT ALL

61-1 shot Wild About Deb returned $21.20 to show, In earning her first grade I-placing,

WHAT HAPPEN HERE ?

Trainer Steve Asmussen was pleased with the way Winchell Thoroughbreds, Three Chimneys, and Besilu Stables' Gun Runner raced, but confessed he was thinking bigger for the son of Candy Ride , who finished third in the Kentucky Derby, winner of LA derby, Risen star..
"He's such a nice horse. He ran a solid race and beat the horses that beat him in the (Kentucky Derby)," Asmussen said. "He was second, but I kind of planned on winning today."
Nyquist's owner Paul Reddam had no immediate explanation for the off-the-board finish by his Derby winner and wasn't sure a Breeders' Cup start would be realistic.
"The winner ran well and we didn't have any apparent excuse," Reddam said. "We'll have to check the horse over and make sure that he's (well) and we'll work from there. That was definitely the worst performance of his life, so that's not how you want to go into the Breeders' Cup. Maybe it'll somehow look different tomorrow, but I'm not sure how

these results are very odd

how does a 61-1 shot get past all the grade 1 winners

Last edited by Secretriat34 : 09-26-2016 at 08:46 AM.