View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Tropical Park

Trainer John Servis has a plan. - Cathryn Sophia

"I can't give away my strategy," Servis coyly responded when asked what instruction he will give jockey Javier Castellano in their attempt to thwart the beautiful force that is champion filly Songbird.

Part of what Servis is counting on headed into in the $1 million Cotillion Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 24 at Parx Racing is the fact Songbird has yet to hook a rival who offers what his Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I)-winning charge, Cathryn Sophia, brings to the table.
Cash is King's Cathryn Sophia looms as a new threat who could throw a previously unseen wrinkle at the bay daughter of Medaglia d'Oro.

In addition to owning two wins over the Parx surface, including her 6 1/2-length win in the Princess of Sylmar Stakes on Sept. 3, Maryland-bred Cathryn Sophia has flaunted her own fearsome level of tactical brilliance, earning her six career victories by a combined winning margin of 50 3/4 lengths.

Even her two defeats have been admirable efforts, running third in both the April 9 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland and the June 11 Acorn Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park.

"I wonder if (Songbird) has hooked into a filly as good as mine," Servis said.

"But she came into her last race (at Parx) really well and I couldn't have written the script any better. She didn't have to put out too much of an effort to get the win and I think it will set her up good for this race coming up."

"We freshened her up (after the Acorn) and she needed that," Servis said. "It should be very interesting this Saturday."

SOUNDS LIKE KASEPT NEEDS SERVIS ON HIS RADIO SHOW ...NO ?