View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
The older I get the less passion I have for the old traditional team sports. I think because I have been such an ardent fan for so long I have become bored with them. Horse racing is a new challenge everyday and I have gravitated toward soccer because that is my son's sport. I think it interests me more because I am still learning nuances of the game. I also like that the game has running action and is over in less than two hours. Football has to many commercials and baseball is just to slow. I still enjoy hockey but being a Flyer fan and having to listen to the Penguin's announcers is just brutal.

Hopefully, Hextall has something up his sleeve for you, like a head coach that doesnt have ties to the organization.

It certainly doesnt help when "Captain" G scores his first even strength goal at home for 2014-2015, in the last home game of the season. Ouch.

Like you've gravitated towards soccer, I made the exact same move to golf. Now, if I can only break 83!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel