View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 03:52 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
First of all, I don't think you or anyone is crazy to play other tracks, and I am probably lazy and foolish not to simply move my play to another curcuit. I do not know the reasons, though obviously I have suspicions, but I have been struggling to win in NY for quite a while. I am becoming resigned to the idea that it has to be easier somewhere else.

I think you are right, that save Saratoga, where the competition and attention is fierce, the races in NY often lack the competitiveness they often have on paper. Whatever the reasons it makes things difficult. And now it's wintertime, and CC Lopez is unfortunately back, so I basically have stopped playing. I bet a few dollars in the 6th today ( won pennies ) and lost most of that on Tasteyville in the 8th. I have neither the inclination to do the work nor the interest in betting my money.

I've been saying the same thing for quite some time. And I agree that other than Saratoga or big days at Bel and Aqu, Ny has become so very hard to win at.
Everyone blames juicing but thats not what i am seeing. I am seeing exotic payout after exotic payout that makes absolutely no sense.
I do understand why that race with the firsters paid so little, Jerkens horse was buried in gimmicks, and it was a tough race and some folks went all all underneath.
But day after day its underlaid payouts that make no sense. The icing on the cake this weekend was Italian Saint actually going off as the FAVORITE !!! and winning for fun. I laughed out loud at that one.
Value is hard to find, and I like to play races at a track where they "flow" the way they used to everyplace.
I cant take the non-contested pace races and whats worse, they never seem to miss in NY with these ****ing overbet favorites that drive players here up the wall. I mean, so many times you see horses bet WAY down below where they should be, so you play against them as a good player is supposed to do, and they just waltz home. Its supposed to even out but it seemingly never does.