View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Hialeah Park

I'd like to thank everyone that's put their recipes into the cookbook.
You beat me to the chicken cordon blue, but that's my way of doing it.
Now here's one that's easily adapted to most any meat or fish...just substitute what ever you have. Pigeons also turn out pretty good with this method, just be careful that the cops don't catch you with the fishing net and stale bread anywhere near the park bench. Underneath the bridge overpass is more discreet.
So, in case any body puts an octopus on your front porch and rings the doorbell, now you know how to do it up...or substitute appropriately.
Octopus

INGREDIENTS
1 large octopus 2 large onions, cut in slices 1 garlic clove 4-5 medium potatoes, cleaned and cut in medium pieces 1 1/2 half glass of water tomato paste 1 1/2 wine glass of oil Salt 1 vegatble cube Black pepper Piquant paprika

METHOD
Clean and wash the octopus. Cut the body in slices and chop the tentacles in pieces. Wash the octopus again and strain it. Melt the cube in hot water. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and roast the onions and the garlic. Add the cube, the octopus and stir. Saute the octopus until it takes a red colour. Add water and boil the octopus until it becomes tender. Gradually add the tomato paste, the potatoes, one spoon paprika and pepper. Let the sauce thicken. Optionally add half glass of white wine and let it evaporate.