Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Super Bowl Observations (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59414)

GBBob 02-08-2016 09:32 AM

Super Bowl Observations

In no particular order...

* Really was impressed with the intro of all the MVPs. And pretty amazing that after 50 years, only one is deceased.

* OK...So they showed Cam the Ham in his gold suit strutting down the tunnel to the lockerroom. But the real scene stealer was the guy behind him be bopping along. Reminded me of Gene Wilder coming out of the bathroom with the boom box in black face. But the piece d' resistance was when he was grooving along and pulled his cell phone out, looked down and bounced off the wall.

* Thought Lady Gaga killed it....What an underrated performer with an amazing vocal range.

* Jump on the ball Cam...or at least try. Very bad form

* Squares beatdown of the day. Sitting on 3-0 for the final and then 0-3 for the reverse pay. Denver scores...up 22-10..kick the extra point and I sweep both...but..wait...they are going for 2......Noooooooooo..

* Eli Manning's face...or lack of when Denver is about too win. Not happy is an understatement..

* Coldplay and Beyonce looked like they were actually singing...Bruno Mars?..Not so much especially at the beginning..but who knows..

* Wait..was another personal foul just called?

Clip-Clop 02-08-2016 10:21 AM

Good stuff.

DeMarcus and Von Miller and insane. It will be tough to bring both back but they are incredible as a duo.

jms62 02-08-2016 04:15 PM

Was I reloading my bourbon when the Clydesdales made an appearance cause I missed it. Also so many .Com companies I didn't even know existed.

alysheba4 02-08-2016 04:53 PM

that reminded me of a bad pre season game.

timmgirvan 02-08-2016 06:18 PM

Good job, GBOB!!

Mike A 02-08-2016 09:05 PM

GBOB, good stuff, Eli's face.... Brady Bunchesque..... Peyton, Peyton, Peyton
Tough beat with the 2 pointer

GBBob 02-09-2016 07:37 AM

So it now comes out that, no...AB did not pay Peyton to plug Budweiser, but he does happen to own an AB distributership in LA so....once a schill, always a schill. And saw his pizza butt buddy from Papa Johns on the sideline hugging him as time wound down.

OldDog 02-09-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1055744)
Was I reloading my bourbon when the Clydesdales made an appearance cause I missed it.

It wasn't much, IMO. Except for when the guy flicked the lemon off the rim of his beer glass ("not a fruit cup"), which made me laugh out loud.

casp0555 02-09-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1055744)
Was I reloading my bourbon when the Clydesdales made an appearance cause I missed it. Also so many .Com companies I didn't even know existed.

I missed it too.....not really impressive and I guess the lemon thing was a jab at Corona :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF711XAtrVg

declansharbor 02-09-2016 02:35 PM

A local bar runs a block pool where it's $1,000 per block with ONE winner at the end.

My brother's best friend had Denver 3, Carolina 0.

Needless to say, he needs to go TV shopping this week.

Ouch.

MaTH716 02-09-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by declansharbor (Post 1055772)
A local bar runs a block pool where it's $1,000 per block with ONE winner at the end.

My brother's best friend had Denver 3, Carolina 0.

Needless to say, he needs to go TV shopping this week.

Ouch.

That cost my friend 50K too

Danzig 02-09-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 1055757)
So it now comes out that, no...AB did not pay Peyton to plug Budweiser, but he does happen to own an AB distributership in LA so....once a schill, always a schill. And saw his pizza butt buddy from Papa Johns on the sideline hugging him as time wound down.

apparently peyton manning has a bunch of papa johns franchises.
but, yeah, the whoring is getting bad. I wondered how much papa john paid for that sideline smooch, but it benefits peyton too, doesn't it?
I wouldn't give one thin dime to papa john. can pay big bucks to have PM, jj watt and joe Montana in his stupid commercials, pay thru the nose for nfl ads, but then cry poor when it comes to his employees? eff that guy

RHT2004 02-10-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 1055722)
In no particular order...

* Really was impressed with the intro of all the MVPs. And pretty amazing that after 50 years, only one is deceased.

* OK...So they showed Cam the Ham in his gold suit strutting down the tunnel to the lockerroom. But the real scene stealer was the guy behind him be bopping along. Reminded me of Gene Wilder coming out of the bathroom with the boom box in black face. But the piece d' resistance was when he was grooving along and pulled his cell phone out, looked down and bounced off the wall.

* Thought Lady Gaga killed it....What an underrated performer with an amazing vocal range.

* Jump on the ball Cam...or at least try. Very bad form

* Squares beatdown of the day. Sitting on 3-0 for the final and then 0-3 for the reverse pay. Denver scores...up 22-10..kick the extra point and I sweep both...but..wait...they are going for 2......Noooooooooo..

* Eli Manning's face...or lack of when Denver is about too win. Not happy is an understatement..

* Coldplay and Beyonce looked like they were actually singing...Bruno Mars?..Not so much especially at the beginning..but who knows..

* Wait..was another personal foul just called?

Gaga is pretty amazing as the Countess in American Horror Story.