Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   McCain transition chief aided Saddam Hussein (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25611)

Mike 10-14-2008 03:51 PM

McCain transition chief aided Saddam Hussein

William Timmons, the Washington lobbyist who John McCain has named to head his presidential transition team, aided an influence effort on behalf of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein to ease international sanctions against his regime.

The two lobbyists who Timmons worked closely with over a five year period on the lobbying campaign later either pleaded guilty to or were convicted of federal criminal charges that they had acted as unregistered agents of Saddam Hussein's government.

Rudeboyelvis 10-14-2008 07:56 PM

tl;dr

Mortimer 10-19-2008 03:12 AM

c;tc

SCUDSBROTHER 10-19-2008 06:18 AM

Transition team? Ain't gunna need that.

Kasept 10-19-2008 09:02 AM

MIKE..

Since I have a feeling you didn't write the threadstarter yourself start to finish, I will remind you and everyone that you cannot lift complete bodies of copy from sources and paste it here. PERIOD. It's copyright infringement.

It's saved but 'erased'.. Put up a paragraph and a link and your thoughts...

Mortimer 10-19-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
William Timmons, the Washington lobbyist who John McCain has named to head his presidential transition team, aided an influence effort on behalf of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein to ease international sanctions against his regime.

The two lobbyists who Timmons worked closely with over a five year period on the lobbying campaign later either pleaded guilty to or were convicted of federal criminal charges that they had acted as unregistered agents of Saddam Hussein's government.

..naughty-naughty...

Mike 10-19-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept
MIKE..

Since I have a feeling you didn't write the threadstarter yourself start to finish, I will remind you and everyone that you cannot lift complete bodies of copy from sources and paste it here. PERIOD. It's copyright infringement.

It's saved but 'erased'.. Put up a paragraph and a link and your thoughts...

Thanks for the explanation Steve. You're right, that wasn't my discourse. I was afraid the link to Huffington Post would draw laughter and derision

I know the rules now

Mortimer 10-19-2008 03:27 PM

No one knows the rule;Steve makes them and Thebby changes them.

Kasept 10-19-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortimer
No one knows the rule;Steve makes them and Thebby changes them.

^^^King of asking mommy after daddy says 'no'... And vice-versa

Mortimer 10-19-2008 03:44 PM

I will use any ploy at my disposal.

The "Well Daddy said..." has worked the best for me.....................don't ya know.