Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Triple Crown Topics/Archive.. (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   nbc telecast (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22189)

cassie 05-04-2008 11:40 AM

nbc telecast

i thought that it took along time to finally get the order of finsh other than big brown had won who came in 4th just barely heard dof c came in third ithink the fillie knocked a lot of tris and exactas for a loop very little talk on this forum about her allweek dof c very heavily touted.

Danzig 05-04-2008 11:41 AM

well, in reply, i'd like to say

what?

ALostTexan 05-04-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig
well, in reply, i'd like to say

what?

No kidding

Coach Pants 05-04-2008 11:46 AM

I think she was saying they had some hella good Bloody Mary's at Sunday Brunch today.

Danzig 05-04-2008 11:50 AM

and all week long apparently if the author didn't see much talk of eight belles on here.

cassie 05-04-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassie
i thought that it took along time to finally get the order of finsh other than big brown had won who came in 4th just barely heard dof c came in third ithink the fillie knocked a lot of tris and exactas for a loop very little talk on this forum about her allweek dof c very heavily touted.

didnt come out the way imeant theynever said who came in 4th for tthe longest time

Riot 05-04-2008 11:53 AM

I noticed that, too. With what happened to Eight Belles being most important, the NBC telecast neglected to discuss order of finish. The race announcer called it tenatively as they crossed the line, but then nothing at all until much later someone mentioned Denis of Cork and I think they showed the WPS mutuals.

ALostTexan 05-04-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Pants
I think she was saying they had some hella good Bloody Mary's at Sunday Brunch today.

Too many Julieps yesterday, in addition to those Bloody Mary's, plus already working on a few Black-Eyed Susan's in preparation for Baltimore...

fpsoxfan 05-04-2008 12:09 PM

I thought the coverage was very good. The undercard telecast was also very good.

Mike 05-04-2008 12:11 PM

Denis of Cork very heavily touted on here, yes, and for good reason. No?

He was the key to value in the race, and those who listened to Mike Welsch on his works and appearance at CD last week will surely not abandon this angle next year

Split Rock 05-04-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassie

Is this a coherrent thought or just brain diaherra?

cassie 05-04-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
Denis of Cork very heavily touted on here, yes, and for good reason. No?

He was the key to value in the race, and those who listened to Mike Welsch on his works and appearance at CD last week will surely not abandon this angle next year

not complainind had dof c every where with bb just wished i had used the fillie

fpsoxfan 05-04-2008 12:23 PM

A buddy of mine who liked DOC played it very smart. He had a $50 exacta Big Brown over DOC and then used Big Brown over ALL over DOC in the triple.
Very well played.