Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stakes Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Weekend Stakes & Other Notable Beyers (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45120)

Kasept 01-09-2012 05:38 AM

Weekend Stakes & Other Notable Beyers

SA Daytona S (G3): Caracortado 101 (Cat Dreams) M. Machowsky/R. Bejarano
SA San Pasqual S (G2): Uh Oh Bango 95 (Top Hit) R. Owens/M. Smith
SA Sham S (G3): Out of Bounds 99 (Discreet Cat) E. Harty/G. Gomez

AQU Busanda S: Captivating Lass 76 (A.P. Indy) K. McLaughlin/M. Luzzi
AQU Count Fleet S: Alpha 85 (Bernardini) K. McLaughlin/R. Dominguez
AQU Rise Jim S: Caixa Eletronica 101 (Arromanches) T. Pletcher/C. Velasquez

GP Marshua's River S (G3): Heavenly Landing 90 (Pulpit) E. Kenneally/C. Lanerie
GP Ocala S: DH-Delightful Mary 87 (Limehouse) M. Casse/L. Contreras & R Holiday Mood 87 (Trippi) T. Pletcher/J. Velazquez
GP ALW/N1X (3yo): Discreet Dancer 96 (Discreet Cat) T. Pletcher/J. Velazquez
GP MSW (3yo): Unbridled Minister 80 (K. McPeek/M. Cruz)
GP MSW (3yo-F): The Last Meow 89 (Storm Cat) T. Pletcher/J. Velazquez
GP ALW/N1X (4+): Utley 85 (J. Sheppard/J. Leparoux)

FG Dixie Poker Ace S: Old Bushmill 88 (North Light-IRE) M. Nicks/S. Bridgmohan

TAM Pelican S: Action Andy 91 (Gators N Bears) C. Garcia/J. Garcia

TP Turfway Prevue S: Mr. Prankster 77 (It's No Joke) M. Maker/J. McKee

PRX Sleigh Ride S: Orbiston Parva 79 (Include) R. Preciado/A. Arroyo

SUN Winsham Lad S: Quiet Again 91 (Real Quiet) J. Claridge/D. Sterling

Calzone Lord 01-09-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 830254)
SA San Pasqual S (G2): Uh Oh Bango 95 (Top Hit) R. Owens/M. Smith
SA Sham S (G3): Out of Bounds 99 (Discreet Cat) E. Harty/G. Gomez

Ouch for the road to the Santa Anita Handicap.

The 3yo's in the Sham went faster than the Grade 2 Older males on the same day. Will be interesting to see how other figure makers have it... I can't imagine anything with the weather could have caused reason for a variant split.

Kasept 01-09-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calzone Lord (Post 830262)

The 3yo's in the Sham went faster than the Grade 2 Older males on the same day. Will be interesting to see how other figure makers have it... I can't imagine anything with the weather could have caused reason for a variant split.

Agree, though note there was 2 hours, 45 minutes between the Sham and San Pasqual.

RolloTomasi 01-09-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calzone Lord (Post 830262)

That edition of the San Pasqual puts it in line to be demoted to Grade 3 next year. Tres Borrachos, the "marquee" in the race, got buried by a couple of 3yos in the BC Dirt Mile, too, last November.

With the 4yo-restricted San Fernando only 7 days after the San Pasqual and the only decent, established older horse in CA awaiting the San Antonio (Game On Dude) next month, it's no surprise it came up very weak. Of course, I'm not sure adding Tapizar, Comma To The Top, and Prayer For Relief to the field would have helped very much.

Sadly, aside from Game On Dude, perhaps only turf horses Ultimate Eagle and Mr. Commons will lend any weight to the Big Cap. And those two have to get through the Strub first. Hopefully, the East Coast trainers are keeping tabs, though they're probably more worried about Dubai. Rick Dutrow and Graham Motion don't balk at coming to CA. Any of Mucho Macho Man, Trickmeister, Boys At Toscanova, Shackleford, Hymn Book or Redeemed would be a welcomed addition.

freddymo 01-09-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolloTomasi (Post 830278)
That edition of the San Pasqual puts it in line to be demoted to Grade 3 next year. Tres Borrachos, the "marquee" in the race, got buried by a couple of 3yos in the BC Dirt Mile, too, last November.

With the 4yo-restricted San Fernando only 7 days after the San Pasqual and the only decent, established older horse in CA awaiting the San Antonio (Game On Dude) next month, it's no surprise it came up very weak. Of course, I'm not sure adding Tapizar, Comma To The Top, and Prayer For Relief to the field would have helped very much.

Sadly, aside from Game On Dude, perhaps only turf horses Ultimate Eagle and Mr. Commons will lend any weight to the Big Cap. And those two have to get through the Strub first. Hopefully, the East Coast trainers are keeping tabs, though they're probably more worried about Dubai. Rick Dutrow and Graham Motion don't balk at coming to CA. Any of Mucho Macho Man, Trickmeister, Boys At Toscanova, Shackleford, Hymn Book or Redeemed would be a welcomed addition.

Hymn book should go its easy money and Janney could off him as a regional stallion with a G1

parsixfarms 01-09-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddymo (Post 830286)
Hymn book should go its easy money and Janney could off him as a regional stallion with a G1

Hymn Book is a gelding.

NTamm1215 01-09-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsixfarms (Post 830291)
Hymn Book is a gelding.

It's stunning that Freddy handled that so flawlessly.

blackthroatedwind 01-09-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTamm1215 (Post 830292)
It's stunning that Freddy handled that so flawlessly.

I think he was set up. Very well played by Rollo.

RolloTomasi 01-09-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind (Post 830295)
I think he was set up. Very well played by Rollo.

I figured he wouldn't bite if I used Rescue Squad.

freddymo 01-09-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolloTomasi (Post 830297)
I figured he wouldn't bite if I used Rescue Squad.

I would have

analyizethis 01-09-2012 04:28 PM

Any indication on the plans for Discreet Dancer? Two monster races; the Holy Bull is probably too quick but can he move all the way up to the Fountain of Youth on 2/26?

Linny 01-09-2012 06:57 PM

Holy Bullwas mentioned but that's not set in stone.

blackthroatedwind 01-09-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linny (Post 830395)
Holy Bullwas mentioned but that's not set in stone.

It was mentioned as being too close.