Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steve Phillips is almost always wrong... (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26826)

Cannon Shell 12-19-2008 11:39 AM

Steve Phillips is almost always wrong...

Why does ESPN continue to subject us to this dope? There isnt anybody else they could plug into this role?

MaTH716 12-19-2008 11:44 AM

It absolutley kills me that he is the baseball analyst. How does he get that job? He was a terrible GM. But then again it's ESPN, and Brad Daughtry is the NASCAR analyst, go figure.

The Indomitable DrugS 12-19-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716
How does he get that job?

His hair?

Even though I pay little attention to baseball - I have to agree with Cannon on this - even though he doesn't realize how brilliant Bill Walton is.

SCUDSBROTHER 12-19-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716
It absolutley kills me that he is the baseball analyst. How does he get that job? He was a terrible GM. But then again it's ESPN, and Brad Daugherty is the NASCAR analyst, go figure.

Brother so tame (he voted twice for McCain.)

Cannon Shell 12-19-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
His hair?

Even though I pay little attention to baseball - I have to agree with Cannon on this - even though he doesn't realize how brilliant Bill Walton is.

I especially liked when he praised the job Mike Dunleavy is doing with the Clippers the other night. The 7-18 Clippers with the 3-10 home record. I know he is stoned most of the time but maybe he thinks Dunleavy coaches the lakers?

King Glorious 12-19-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I especially liked when he praised the job Mike Dunleavy is doing with the Clippers the other night. The 7-18 Clippers with the 3-10 home record. I know he is stoned most of the time but maybe he thinks Dunleavy coaches the lakers?

When he mentioned Rajon Rondo's name in the same class as Bob Cousy, I think that was enough for me.

Coach Pants 12-19-2008 01:48 PM

Rondo is a great player and proves how much Tubby Smith sucked.

ateamstupid 12-19-2008 03:35 PM

If only Steve Phillips was the worst ESPN had. Merrill Hoge, anyone? It isn't just him though. That whole network is a never ending parade of annoying, unprepared dipshits.

ateamstupid 12-19-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Glorious
When he mentioned Rajon Rondo's name in the same class as Bob Cousy, I think that was enough for me.

How old are you? Because if you're younger than 60, you probably shouldn't be opining on anything Cousy-related.

declansharbor 12-19-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid
If only Steve Phillips was the worst ESPN had. Merrill Hoge, anyone? It isn't just him though. That whole network is a never ending parade of annoying, unprepared dipshits.

The absolute worst. He should be drug tested bi-weekly for some of the $hit he says. Schlereth makes MH look like a kindergarten student.

Stickhorse 12-19-2008 07:23 PM

Hoge isn't one of my favorites.

Being a Trojan homer I didn't like his evaluation of Matt Leinert. As much I hate to admit it, Merrill was right.

Steve Phillips WILL NEVER GOT FROM UNDER MOE VAUGHN.

Adios credibilty!

31lengths 12-19-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickhorse
Hoge isn't one of my favorites.

Being a Trojan homer I didn't like his evaluation of Matt Leinert. As much I hate to admit it, Merrill was right.

Steve Phillips WILL NEVER GOT FROM UNDER MOE VAUGHN.

Adios credibilty!

Not many people CAN get from under Mo....

They asked me to take over for Phillips this year but I had to decline in order to tend to Evan Longoria's arse wiping.....

Cannon Shell 12-24-2008 08:17 AM

I want to fight Steve Phillips. I want to have a fist fight with him.

alysheba4 12-24-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid

...... no ****, i cant watch that crap anymore.......its more about the annoying talking heads, lets try and make funny commercials........the same path as empty tv.