Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kagan ? (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36017)

SOREHOOF 05-10-2010 06:49 PM

Kagan ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...a_n_570937.htm

Hooo Boy!:tro:

dellinger63 05-10-2010 07:09 PM

Like I said before wish he'd take the same approach to hiring pilots. Maybe someone w/o the restrictions of training could do better is all I'm saying and save the world by saving fuel taking a more direct route etc etc…! Who knows better than one with no experience?

geeker2 05-10-2010 07:48 PM

Finally - some eye candy on the Supreme Court :rolleyes:

GBBob 05-10-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOREHOOF (Post 645956)

I was wondering what took so long for you boys to post..mm..She's 50..That means at LEAST 25 more years of the votes to offset the Scalia/Roberts militia. As I have said here before...this is why I will always vote Liberal for Prex...the Supreme Court nominees..

randallscott35 05-10-2010 07:53 PM

:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by geeker2 (Post 645977)

:eek::D

timmgirvan 05-10-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 645978)
I was wondering what took so long for you boys to post..mm..She's 50..That means at LEAST 25 more years of the votes to offset the Scalia/Roberts militia. As I have said here before...this is why I will always vote Liberal for Prex...the Supreme Court nominees..

she get 2 votes?:eek:

dellinger63 05-10-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeker2 (Post 645977)

Bet she's been w/more girls than I have!

dellinger63 05-10-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 645978)

a bathing suit layout? God will need to Bless America if she gets thru....I'm sure the 'good' guys can come up with more than a pubic hair on this one.

hi_im_god 05-10-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellinger63 (Post 645964)
Like I said before wish he'd take the same approach to hiring pilots. Maybe someone w/o the restrictions of training could do better is all I'm saying and save the world by saving fuel taking a more direct route etc etc…! Who knows better than one with no experience?

just off the top of my head reagan nominated sandra day o'connor as a justice and eisenhower earl warren as chief justice, both with no experience on the bench. thurgood marshall was another. it's a good thing to have someone who hasn't spent their entire career dealing with other lawyer's only as supplicant's.

i'm more concerned with what it signals about our society that with stevens gone, there'll be no veteran of the armed forces on the supreme court. elites just don't serve any more.

the republicans will do what they must to rally their base but ultimately the court is more conservative after 2 obama appointee's than it was before. he's gone with 2 safe picks. i don't expect much of a fight.

Danzig 05-10-2010 08:34 PM

Maybe I'm just in a foul mood but I get so goddamned tired of the typical bashing that occurs with female nominees. She isn't attractive, she's masculine. Now we just need that she looks like a bitch for it to be complete. Ridiculous. Think about what is said about a nomd guy, and then the posts above. Think of what most remarks are about palin, or hillary and cankles. So frustrating!!

GBBob 05-10-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmgirvan (Post 645980)
she get 2 votes?:eek:

She's a lock

randallscott35 05-10-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 646001)
Maybe I'm just in a foul mood but I get so goddamned tired of the typical bashing that occurs with female nominees. She isn't attractive, she's masculine. Now we just need that she looks like a bitch for it to be complete. Ridiculous. Think about what is said about a nomd guy, and then the posts above. Think of what most remarks are about palin, or hillary and cankles. So frustrating!!

No one said Scalia was Brad Pitt? She's a mess to look at but I don't care. Do the job.

Danzig 05-10-2010 08:43 PM

I don't recall any comments about a guys looksa in a similar situation. None. Obama was questioned about experience. Palin was talked about as being a milf. Can't remember ever seeing a reference to a 'dilf'.

randallscott35 05-10-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 646005)
I don't recall any comments about a guys looksa in a similar situation. None. Obama was questioned about experience. Palin was talked about as being a milf. Can't remember ever seeing a reference to a 'dilf'.

Not true. Women couldn't see through that phony Edwards b/c they liked his appearance.

hi_im_god 05-10-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randallscott35 (Post 646007)
Not true. Women couldn't see through that phony Edwards b/c they liked his appearance.

i think her point was that every woman goes through this. one opposing example doesn't defeat that point.

i'd throw in the towel on this one. she's right. and you know she's right.

why argue?

dellinger63 05-10-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 646005)

'DILF' is all to do with 'hope' and nothing to do with realty. If it ever did it would then be called 'DD' as in 'Done Deal'.

randallscott35 05-10-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi_im_god (Post 646010)
i think her point was that every woman goes through this. one opposing example doesn't defeat that point.

why argue?

:wf

timmgirvan 05-10-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 646002)
She's a lock

I was asking you if she get to vote twice to counter Roberts/Scalia?
Lighten up,GBBob:)

GBBob 05-10-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmgirvan (Post 646016)
I was asking you if she get to vote twice to counter Roberts/Scalia?
Lighten up,GBBob:)

Sorry...thought you were Randall:wf

:D

Danzig 05-10-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi_im_god (Post 646010)

why argue?

Thanks god. I'd apologize for the blasphemy but you'd know it wasn't sincere

And I thought edwards looked like a sleazy used car salesman!