Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   "At the Races with Steve Byk" (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   5/20 Preakness Recap ATR: Casse, "Rematch can come in Travers" (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66249)

Kasept 05-20-2019 09:31 AM

5/20 Preakness Recap ATR: Casse, "Rematch can come in Travers"

Recapping War of Will Preakness win on ATR, Mark Casse says "Meet us in Saratoga for Travers" of where Maximum Security team can get their desired rematch..

moses 05-20-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1126825)
Recapping War of Will Preakness win on ATR, Mark Casse says "Meet us in Saratoga for Travers" of where Maximum Security team can get their desired rematch..

5 weeks between the Haskell and Travers. No legitimate reason at this point that Maximum Security couldn’t run in both.

Kasept 05-20-2019 09:57 AM

Apparently West saying they aren't interested in the Travers..

Dahoss 05-20-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1126828)

Funny because they’ve run a bunch of horses in the Travers and Servis mentioned the possibility of running there when he spoke to TVG this past weekend.

I understand he’s hurt but come on. Life goes on.

moses 05-20-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1126828)

Hmm. Drastically reduces the odds of a rematch, which is a shame because I think that could be good for racing.

Dahoss 05-20-2019 10:15 AM

Honestly why can’t Maximum Security run in the Belmont? I mean I’m pretty sure I know why but he’s healthy right? It’s not like he’s had a hard campaign.

Is Scuds the racing manager for the West’s?

blackthroatedwind 05-20-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1126833)

Is Scuds the racing manager for the West’s?

Spokesman.

Konk 05-21-2019 09:42 AM

Maybe West doesn't really want a rematch, just wants to whine about not getting one.

If this horse so great, when does he race again?

jms62 05-21-2019 09:48 AM

Not a fan of West at all however in this case he originally said right after derby Maximum Securities next start is in Haskell. He then made the $5 million dollar challenge. I can't come down on him too hard for not now going to Belmont or being on the fence with Travers...

Benny 05-21-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1126859)
Not a fan of West at all however in this case he originally said right after derby Maximum Securities next start is in Haskell. He then made the $5 million dollar challenge. I can't come down on him too hard for not now going to Belmont or being on the fence with Travers...

Servis is stabled at Monmouth and his horse will be training there and I think the Longbranch stakes is the prep for the Haskell on July 20th. I don't think I can remember a horse who ran in both Haskell and Travers and won both. Will have to hope they meet in the BC and Pegasus down the road and hope they both stay healthy.

jms62 05-21-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny (Post 1126871)
Servis is stabled at Monmouth and his horse will be training there and I think the Longbranch stakes is the prep for the Haskell on July 20th. I don't think I can remember a horse who ran in both Haskell and Travers and won both. Will have to hope they meet in the BC and Pegasus down the road and hope they both stay healthy.

At this point isn't it up to Casse to enter in a race that Maximum Security is running in for that Free Shot at 5 million bucks?

Dahoss 05-21-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1126879)
At this point isn't it up to Casse to enter in a race that Maximum Security is running in for that Free Shot at 5 million bucks?

It’s not really a free shot at $5 million. The owners of the other horses have to put up $5 million also. That’s what I found so strange about what he was suggesting.

ateamstupid 05-21-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1126879)

LOL. Maximum Security had every chance to run in the Preakness, and War of Will now has the upper hand for 3-year-old champion because he didn't. Why on earth should Casse chase Gary West around for his ridiculous PR stunt?

jms62 05-21-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 1126882)
LOL. Maximum Security had every chance to run in the Preakness, and War of Will now has the upper hand for 3-year-old champion because he didn't. Why on earth should Casse chase Gary West around for his ridiculous PR stunt?

You tell me you wouldn't take that shot? If someone is going to make an idiotic "PR Stunt" in the national media and I had the horse and I thought I could beat him I certainly would take the FREE SHOT. 3 things can happen

1. He honors it and I win $5 Million
2. He backs out and looks forever to be a fraud
3. I lose my FREE Shot.

ateamstupid 05-21-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1126883)
You tell me you wouldn't take that shot? If someone is going to make an idiotic "PR Stunt" in the national media and I had the horse and I thought I could beat him I certainly would take the FREE SHOT. 3 things can happen

1. He honors it and I win $5 Million
2. He backs out and looks forever to be a fraud
3. I lose my FREE Shot.

Again, not a free shot like Hoss said. And again, why would I care about massaging Gary West's ego? Maximum Security isn't sick or injured, he had his chance to run in the Preakness and passed. I nutted up and ran my horse, and he won. Why on earth should I chase some Derby also-ran around especially now that I'm ahead of him for champion 3-year-old, which is all any of these guys really care about now anyway?

jms62 05-21-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 1126884)
Again, not a free shot like Hoss said. And again, why would I care about massaging Gary West's ego? Maximum Security isn't sick or injured, he had his chance to run in the Preakness and passed. Why on earth should I chase him around especially now that I'm ahead of him for champion 3-year-old, which is all any of these guys really care about now anyway?

I didn't read Hoss post just read the latest which is yours. Having read Hoss post I have done a 180 and agree with you.

richard burch 05-21-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konk (Post 1126857)
Maybe West doesn't really want a rematch, just wants to whine about not getting one.

If this horse so great, when does he race again?

BINGO!!!!

The whole idea is ludicrous. Those horses He challenged don't need Maximum Security. In fact it is MS who needs them. They will run, earn money and get better while the master bates himself. Run your damn horse or go away!