Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Paddock (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   zito must feel good (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34515)

hoovesupsideyourhead 02-20-2010 04:47 PM

zito must feel good

his 5 ran well and the 10 ice box ran very well from a bad post..congrats nick
play ice box were ever he goes in a prep.

DaTruth 02-20-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
his 5 ran well and the 10 ice box ran very well from a bad post..congrats nick
play ice box were ever he goes in a prep.

That was a nice turn move by Ice Box.

randallscott35 02-20-2010 05:26 PM

As usual Levine's healthy 3% at GP shows.

MaTH716 02-20-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randallscott35
As usual Levine's healthy 3% at GP shows.

You certainly can't blame Levine for the trip that horse got. He was shuffled/steadied and slammed going into the first turn. I didn't like the horse, but I really think it's unfair blaming Levine for that performance.

freddymo 02-20-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716
You certainly can't blame Levine for the trip that horse got. He was shuffled/steadied and slammed going into the first turn. I didn't like the horse, but I really think it's unfair blaming Levine for that performance.

You are right Buddy is just a slow colt

pick4 02-20-2010 07:59 PM

Buddy's Saint has excuses with the poor start and all. I think the winner Eskenderaya is a pretty good horse. He tracked a pretty decent pace and when he was asked to run he dusted this field. Don't be surprised to see a BSF of around 104.

Gaining Ground 02-20-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pick4
Don't be surprised to see a BSF of around 104.

close, 106 according to drf

pick4 02-20-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaining Ground
close, 106 according to drf

I thought the varient would be between 10 and 12. I guess it was a tad lower. The final figs the Beyer guys give are usually on target. Pletcher seems like he has a stable full of serious contenders. Eskenderaya might be the best of them all.

GPK 02-21-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pick4
I thought the varient would be between 10 and 12. I guess it was a tad lower. The final figs the Beyer guys give are usually on target. Pletcher seems like he has a stable full of serious contenders. Eskenderaya might be the best of them all.

Doesn't it SEEM that way most years?

Kasept 02-21-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruth
That was a nice turn move by Ice Box.

He is one good looking horse. Was really struck by his appearance. Has been developing steadily and has upside yet. Tim Poole was saying they liked him from the beginning and are just seeing his best now. That post is so tough at GP. He crossed over behind the field before the first turn, but Bravo's chandelier move wasn't going to get him on the board.

By comparison, Jackson Bend may be very common looking but is honest as can be. Anyone note a parallel in this FOY of Eskenderaya-Jackson Bend to Big Brown-Smooth Air in the FL Derby 2 years ago? It's the first thing I thought of watching the 'Calder' horse chasing the Pletcher-Zayat winner home.

freddymo 02-21-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept
He is one good looking horse. Was really struck by his appearance. Has been developing steadily and has upside yet. Tim Poole was saying they liked him from the beginning and are just seeing his best now. That post is so tough at GP. He crossed over behind the field before the first turn, but Bravo's chandelier move wasn't going to get him on the board.

By comparison, Jackson Bend may be very common looking but is honest as can be. Anyone note a parallel in this FOY of Eskenderaya-Jackson Bend to Big Brown-Smooth Air in the FL Derby 2 years ago? It's the first thing I thought of watching the 'Calder' horse chasing the Pletcher-Zayat winner home.

Ice Box will win the Belmont

Kasept 02-21-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddymo
Ice Box will win the Belmont

Dam Spice Island was certainly a nice stakes-winning route-goer;

See looking at his page that third dam was Belle de Jour (Speak John)... Dam of? Spend a Buck.

The Indomitable DrugS 02-21-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddymo
Ice Box will win an N2X ALW race at Belmont

FTFY

Betsy 02-21-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept

Steve, what did you think of Fly Down today? I think Nick is pretty high on him as well - his maiden win was a key race. I know he had a speed duel up front to help his cause, but he did make a very quick move and he hadn't run in 3 months. He looks like his grandsire, Fly So Free. To be honest, I wouldn't rush this horse, but Derby Fever is in the air..........

hoovesupsideyourhead 03-20-2010 07:05 PM

bump..:rolleyes:

freddymo 03-20-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
FTFY

or th G1 Fl. Derby

DaTruth 03-20-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
bump..:rolleyes:

Lezcano wisely waited a little longer to make his move. :) The pace certainly helped matters.

freddymo 03-20-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruth
Lezcano wisely waited a little longer to make his move. :) The pace certainly helped matters.

The fn clock at GP wouldnt certify on an episode of Barney.. I guess the second quarter in the Swale was 21 and small change?

dalakhani 03-20-2010 11:53 PM

Nice call on this one Hooves.

The race completely fell apart up front. I know people say this every year, but these 3 year old colts look far from promising.

Indian Charlie 03-21-2010 09:45 AM

I don't know, I thought Rule ran a pretty big race.