Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dee Tee Stables (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Poss. Churchill race - who will be there? (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12310)

Riot 04-24-2007 02:33 PM

Poss. Churchill race - who will be there?

I know we are all waiting to see if the race fills and Sumwon will go <g>, but if it does, who else will be at CD this Sunday?

Anybody else up for dinner & socializing afterwards, maybe taking The Trainer and his SO out if they are so inclined and available ? :)

PeteMugg 04-24-2007 03:43 PM

There's a pretty good chance I'll be able to make the race Sunday if it fills. I like the idea of socializing afterwards, I'm just not sure how long I'll be able to hang around.

AeWingnut 04-24-2007 04:28 PM

I hope to make the race but should try and get on the road ASAP. it is a long drive

jman5581 04-24-2007 06:00 PM

I thought I might be able to make it, but it's not going to work out. I will definitely be there for the next one....assuming it's 2-4 weeks after this coming Saturday at Churchill or another track in the bluegrass region.

AeWingnut 04-24-2007 06:47 PM

Virginia

I heard he wants to maybe take her to Colonial Downs
don't remember how far off that one is

jman5581 04-24-2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut

I hope we get a couple more at CD. It will be tough to make it to VA unless I make a vacation of it. Never been there, could be fun.

jman5581 04-24-2007 08:09 PM

Just spoke to my wife, we might make the drive over to the Ville on Sunday and drive back Sunday night. Will be bringing a friend from law school and using the drive there and back as "prime" studying time. :rolleyes:

phystech 04-24-2007 08:17 PM

I am headed to Louisville/Lexington tomorrow (Wed) evening for a 4 day trip so I'll be at Churchill both Sat and Sun.

Can't do the after track dining - got to catch a flight back to BWI Sun eve.

Colonial Downs is a beautiful track. Small grandstand/clubhouse that only adds to the charm. Turf course is a very nice one - make that two. The drive down Int 95 from Washington is a race for your life and you are guaranteed to hit backups, which only prolongs the miserable trip so I try to avoid going there. Might be a better driving trip from the west and it's an easy trip from the south but DC to Richmond is a nightmare.

And, for Chuck and Steve - the licensing office is one big pain in the backside. They hire temp help for their short meet that can lead to problems. They won't let you slide on prints even if you've had them done recently at another track - you'll have to send them new print cards for their files. Make sure you avoid the wrath of Mr. Pogue - he's the chief investigator - we got to know each other rather well last year..... :)

ddthetide 04-24-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut

Colonial opens June 15 we might have to hold out for that.
we WERE scheduled to drive into L-ville this weekend but now i don't think it will happen.

ddthetide 04-24-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phystech

Colonial Downs is a beautiful track. Small grandstand/clubhouse that only adds to the charm. Turf course is a very nice one - make that two. The drive down Int 95 from Washington is a race for your life and you are guaranteed to hit backups, which only prolongs the miserable trip so I try to avoid going there. Might be a better driving trip from the west and it's an easy trip from the south but DC to Richmond is a nightmare

try goin down SR 15 & 17 all the way down to I66. it's 50mph most of the way with few back ups.

phystech 04-24-2007 08:33 PM

I live NW of Baltimore so I haven't tried that way but have done the Rt 301 slow torture......

Next time I go, I'm thinking AMTRAK to Williamsburg.

Thanks!!

Benny Leger 04-24-2007 08:36 PM

we will definitely be down for the race sunday if it fills and she goes. sounds like fun.

Benny Leger 04-24-2007 08:48 PM

Am I reading the blog entry wrong or did she work 7 fur. (total) in about 1.23 and change? If so, I would be very happy with those numbers.

AeWingnut 04-24-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny Leger
Am I reading the blog entry wrong or did she work 7 fur. (total) in about 1.23 and change? If so, I would be very happy with those numbers.

you definately could read it that way.

2 furlongs in 25
2 furlongs in 23
3 furlongs in 35.4
-----------------
7 furlongs in 123.4
however Chuck stated she got 5 furlongs in 100.4
maybe it was meant to be
2+3 or 2+2+1 or the last furlong in 12.4
not what I wrote above

it is a little confusing maybe we need to ask Chuck to clarify

the work sounds very encouraging no matter how you slice it.

onebadbeast 04-25-2007 01:02 AM

I Will Be Driving Down From Illinois Sunday Morning, Unless It Is Pouring Rain. Would Be Happy To Socialize With All The Owners. In Between Making Bets, And More Bets And More Bets. Joe K.

jman5581 04-25-2007 01:12 AM

From where in Illinois? I will be coming from St. Louis, going across Illinois as well.

onebadbeast 04-25-2007 10:02 AM

from ottawa illinois; through indy then ky. may leave at 3 am. or 2. breakfast anyone?

jman5581 04-25-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebadbeast
from ottawa illinois; through indy then ky. may leave at 3 am. or 2. breakfast anyone?

hahaha, you sound like me leaving for Arkansas last weekend. I did the 2 AM drive out of town. I don't know what time I'm going to get there. I'll have a few people with me and meet up with a couple more. May do brunch at Masterson's or something... or get some John E's.

dellinger63 04-25-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebadbeast

My bro sky-dived there practically every w/e for the past 4-5 summers. We plan to be there Sunday if all goes well.

Hickory Hill Hoff 04-25-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot
I know we are all waiting to see if the race fills and Sumwon will go <g>, but if it does, who else will be at CD this Sunday?

Anybody else up for dinner & socializing afterwards, maybe taking The Trainer and his SO out if they are so inclined and available ? :)

Got the program today...thanks! :)