Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Triple Crown Topics/Archive.. (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   5/21 (PIM): Hi Ho! Preakness Day (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71117)

Kasept 05-16-2022 04:25 PM

5/21 (PIM): Hi Ho! Preakness Day

Kasept 05-16-2022 04:26 PM

Kasept 05-16-2022 04:26 PM

XIIPointStables 05-18-2022 09:21 AM

Is there a wagering menu for special multi race/multi day bets this year for Preakness?

Found this - mentions the BES/Preakness Double but that's it.

https://www.pimlico.com/handicapping...ess-post-times

moses 05-18-2022 12:02 PM

I’ve looked at this race for a while and I keep coming back to it setting up for Early Voting and Epicenter to run 1-2 with moderate early fractions set by Early Voting. I don’t think Epicenter or Simplification want to get into an early duel with Early Voting and I’m not sure anyone else in the field is fast enough to really pressure Early Voting.

Fenwick is a bit of a question mark as I assume they’re going to want to send him and hope for the best. He never seemed to get comfortable in the Blue Grass so I expect a better effort from him. But I’m not really sure how fast he is.

Creative Minister is getting some hype and I don’t want to discount him but I think Skippylongstocking is a more interesting longshot coming from off the pace and plan to include him underneath in all my bets.

knickslions2 05-19-2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1164846)
I’ve looked at this race for a while and I keep coming back to it setting up for Early Voting and Epicenter to run 1-2 with moderate early fractions set by Early Voting. I don’t think Epicenter or Simplification want to get into an early duel with Early Voting and I’m not sure anyone else in the field is fast enough to really pressure Early Voting.

Fenwick is a bit of a question mark as I assume they’re going to want to send him and hope for the best. He never seemed to get comfortable in the Blue Grass so I expect a better effort from him. But I’m not really sure how fast he is.

Creative Minister is getting some hype and I don’t want to discount him but I think Skippylongstocking is a more interesting longshot coming from off the pace and plan to include him underneath in all my bets.

Epicenter is much horse to beat if he comes back from a tough derby. I’ll play him in few exactas with horses not named Secret Oath. Going to be very hot and Marshmello will be melting in the infield. What’s over under on beer consumed in this heat?

casp0555 05-19-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1164870)
Epicenter is much horse to beat if he comes back from a tough derby. I’ll play him in few exactas with horses not named Secret Oath. Going to be very hot and Marshmello will be melting in the infield. What’s over under on beer consumed in this heat?

enough to fill 1200 porta-potties

knickslions2 05-19-2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casp0555 (Post 1164872)
enough to fill 1200 porta-potties

Ya it’s going to be a **** show this year lol. We are getting Texas heat the next two days up north

Alabama Stakes 05-19-2022 06:06 PM

7/2 would be nice on early voting . 5 with 9-2

moses 05-19-2022 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1164870)

I agree about Epicenter. He ran a huge race in the Derby and has been the most consistently good of this group. But I do think the likely pace scenario favors Early Voting (although should also favor Epicenter.) So if Early Voting improves at all, he should be right there. And he’s fresher and a lot of his family only got better with age. So I like him to continue to improve and I will be only using him on top in all of my bets. If I lose, so be it. But I really like him and don’t want to touch Epicenter at even money.

King Glorious 05-21-2022 03:39 PM

Settled on Early Voting as my selection to beat Secret Oath.

Dahoss 05-21-2022 05:06 PM

Can someone explain to me why the phuck Fenwick is 8-1 right now?

casp0555 05-21-2022 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1165031)
Can someone explain to me why the phuck Fenwick is 8-1 right now?

Its the Rich Strike Syndrome...must be a lot of drunk, I mean, ignorant money coming in

moses 05-22-2022 11:02 AM

I luckily had a win bet on Early Voting but stupidly did not include Creative Minister in any of my trifecta bets. It’s a tough game when you aren’t able to capitalize on a good opinion.

Hope you guys were all able to make some money yesterday.