Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jets defense at home (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39232)

The Indomitable DrugS 11-03-2010 11:15 PM

Jets defense at home

They've played half of their home games this season so far.

* NFC North division leading Packers and Aaron Rodgers failed to score a TD against the Jets and were held to just 237 yards.

* AFC North division leading Ravens were held to just 10 points. The lone TD drive was setup by three major Jets penalties. Including a running into the kicker call on Braylon Edwards on a 46 yard field goal attempt - and a questionable pass interference call that set the ball at the 1 yard line.

So far this year - a combined total of 1 touchdown has been scored on the Jets in their building in all games against non Randy Moss teams.

Randy Moss himself has scored 2 TD's in the Jets building - a 34 yard one-hander on Reavis and a 37 yard catch on 3rd and forever in the rain from Favre.

Moss slot guy Percy Harvin also has 2 TD catches in the Jets building this year. Wes Welker has one as well.

A check of the Jets home defense scoreboard reads like this ....

Quote:

Touchdowns Allowed to all Non-Moss Teams: 1
Touchdowns allowed to Moss 2
Touchdowns allowed to his slot guys Harvin & Welker 3

ateamstupid 11-03-2010 11:19 PM

Revis, you tool. The guy who owns Moss (even when he tries) is named Revis. I don't know who Reavis is.

Dahoss 11-03-2010 11:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9_B...eature=related

The Indomitable DrugS 11-03-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 716063)
Revis, you tool. The guy who owns Moss (even when he tries) is named Revis. I don't know who Reavis is.

Has his hamstring finally recovered from the stress of defending the Moss vertical routes for a half?

ateamstupid 11-03-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS (Post 716066)
Has his hamstring finally recovered from the stress of defending the Moss vertical routes for a half?

Right, that was what injured him. It wasn't missing 36 days of training camp. It was covering a guy who's made one play against him in three years.

Dahoss 11-03-2010 11:31 PM

The only scoreboard that matters

Jets-2
Randy Moss teams-0

RockHardTen1985 11-04-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS (Post 716060)
They've played half of their home games this season so far.

* NFC North division leading Packers and Aaron Rodgers failed to score a TD against the Jets and were held to just 237 yards.

* AFC North division leading Ravens were held to just 10 points. The lone TD drive was setup by three major Jets penalties. Including a running into the kicker call on Braylon Edwards on a 46 yard field goal attempt - and a questionable pass interference call that set the ball at the 1 yard line.

So far this year - a combined total of 1 touchdown has been scored on the Jets in their building in all games against non Randy Moss teams.

Randy Moss himself has scored 2 TD's in the Jets building - a 34 yard one-hander on Reavis and a 37 yard catch on 3rd and forever in the rain from Favre.

Moss slot guy Percy Harvin also has 2 TD catches in the Jets building this year. Wes Welker has one as well.

A check of the Jets home defense scoreboard reads like this ....

2 be fair... The Packers have been depleted by injuries. They have a starting RB and TE out, those 2 would be starters on 80% of the teams in the NFL.

slotdirt 11-04-2010 10:20 AM

Yeah, but how have the Jets been on the road?

ateamstupid 11-04-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slotdirt (Post 716170)
Yeah, but how have the Jets been on the road?

Don't you get it? It's not about the Jets. It's about Moss. Moss MOSS MO$$ M055!!!!

slotdirt 11-04-2010 12:16 PM

Hey, I'm just interested in the Lions-Jets game this weekend. Jets -4 or so depending upon one's wagering outlet.

ateamstupid 11-04-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slotdirt (Post 716244)
Hey, I'm just interested in the Lions-Jets game this weekend. Jets -4 or so depending upon one's wagering outlet.

As am I obviously. I'm being a homer but I can't see the Jets losing. It's not because I think the Lions suck - to the contrary - I just think this team was thoroughly embarrassed by what happened against Green Bay and won't be caught napping against a good home team.

slotdirt 11-04-2010 12:37 PM

Lions are 6-1 ATS so far this season,and are averaging something like 37.5 points at home. If the Lions can somehow make Sanchez beat them, they'll win. That being said, if the Tomlinson/Green combination rushes for a boatload of yards, there's nothing Calvin Johnson could possibly do to turn the game into a Lions win.

RockHardTen1985 11-04-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slotdirt (Post 716244)

The line screams bet the Lions.
I wont be betting, just saying......

slotdirt 11-04-2010 01:21 PM

Well, they're 2-1 overall at home and 3-0 ATS so far in 2010.

RockHardTen1985 11-04-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slotdirt (Post 716286)
Well, they're 2-1 overall at home and 3-0 ATS so far in 2010.

3 points for home, right? SO the Jets are only a point better? Coming off a loss, and the Lions off a big win.

ateamstupid 11-04-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 (Post 716292)
3 points for home, right? SO the Jets are only a point better? Coming off a loss, and the Lions off a big win.

What? The Lions are home. That means Vegas thinks the Jets are 7 points better.

RockHardTen1985 11-04-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 716295)
What? The Lions are home. That means Vegas thinks the Jets are 7 points better.

O dam... I thought in NY.....

slotdirt 11-04-2010 01:40 PM

Right, at Detroit. Lions have been pretty much on fire there this season, albeit in a very limited sample size. Matthew Stafford will have never in his short career seen a defense quite like this one, so it should be a good test.

ateamstupid 11-05-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slotdirt (Post 716301)
Right, at Detroit. Lions have been pretty much on fire there this season, albeit in a very limited sample size. Matthew Stafford will have never in his short career seen a defense quite like this one, so it should be a good test.

Luckily for you guys, our achilles heel is that we don't get after the QB very well. On the flip side, Revis is as close to 100% as he's been all season and he has the capability to neutralize Calvin Johnson. The guy who worries me the most is Jahvid Best. Our run defense is very good on the interior, but if you can get outside the tackles the Jets can be beaten on the ground.

slotdirt 11-05-2010 08:33 AM

I wouldn't worry about Best. He's been pretty much persona non grata for the last four games.