Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stakes Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   6/20 (BEL): Belmont, Woody Stephens, Acorn, Jaipur (G1's), more (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67832)

Kasept 05-19-2020 03:41 PM

6/20 (BEL): Belmont, Woody Stephens, Acorn, Jaipur (G1's), more

Benny 05-19-2020 09:05 PM

Belmont meet stakes schedule

schedule at end

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-racing-june-3

Konk 05-21-2020 10:41 AM

Looks like NYRA has really done it's homework across the board to re-open and be as fair as possible and really take care of the day-to-day folks who have been decimated by no racing, while protecting the bettors.

Hats off to NYRA for stepping up to the plate and making the best of a bad situation. :tro:

Great talk with Panza on ATR this week.

Kasept 06-18-2020 05:21 AM

Kasept 06-18-2020 05:21 AM

Alabama Stakes 06-18-2020 10:16 AM

Letdown

So Belmont Day starts with maiden claimers and draws 32 for the 5 stakes on the under card ? What gives ?

moses 06-18-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1139393)
So Belmont Day starts with maiden claimers and draws 32 for the 5 stakes on the under card ? What gives ?

Agreed I thought there would be bigger fields/better card, but I’ve got no idea what they’re up against with the pandemic and with the attendance restrictions. All in all, I’m happy with the card.

Konk 06-18-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1139393)

Wow.
Disappointing to say the least.
Why are other tracks filling the gates and Belmont can' fill up a big card?
:zz:

Dahoss 06-18-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konk (Post 1139410)
Wow.
Disappointing to say the least.
Why are other tracks filling the gates and Belmont can' fill up a big card?
:zz:

The non stakes have been pretty good. They’ve struggled to fill the stakes. Getting outworked by other racing offices

moses 06-19-2020 12:58 PM

Earlier this year, weren’t we all saying that Irad was trying to break in with Baffert when he rode Mucho Gusto? Was that overstated?

Now Gamine comes East and Baffert goes with John Velazquez and Irad rides Perfect Alibi for Casse. In his last race at Belmont, Baffert used JV in an allowance race on June 6 (a 3/2 favorite that lost by 9 lengths). For Mother Mother on June 5, he used Rosario.

Should we read anything into this other than maybe Johnny V is getting what he asked for from his new agent - better horses? I don’t recall Baffert/Velazquez teaming up much in the past but maybe I’m wrong.

Dahoss 06-19-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1139439)
Earlier this year, weren’t we all saying that Irad was trying to break in with Baffert when he rode Mucho Gusto? Was that overstated?

Now Gamine comes East and Baffert goes with John Velazquez and Irad rides Perfect Alibi for Casse. In his last race at Belmont, Baffert used JV in an allowance race on June 6 (a 3/2 favorite that lost by 9 lengths). For Mother Mother on June 5, he used Rosario.

Should we read anything into this other than maybe Johnny V is getting what he asked for from his new agent - better horses? I don’t recall Baffert/Velazquez teaming up much in the past but maybe I’m wrong.

You’ve been reading to much of Alabama Stakes stuff.

Irad rode Perfect Alibi three times last year, including a win in the Spinaway and her 4th in the Breeders Cup. Rosario has ridden Mother Mother out west.

Johnny went went to ride some 2 year olds for Baffert last year.

moses 06-19-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1139462)
You’ve been reading to much of Alabama Stakes stuff.

Irad rode Perfect Alibi three times last year, including a win in the Spinaway and her 4th in the Breeders Cup. Rosario has ridden Mother Mother out west.

Johnny went went to ride some 2 year olds for Baffert last year.

Lol. Being stuck at home must be starting to get to me. My unexplained thought about Rosario was that I thought it was odd that Baffert would pick Johnny V over Rosario. But I’m down on Johnny V these days.

Dahoss 06-19-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1139476)
Lol. Being stuck at home must be starting to get to me. My unexplained thought about Rosario was that I thought it was odd that Baffert would pick Johnny V over Rosario. But I’m down on Johnny V these days.

I hear ya. He’s actually been riding pretty good the last few weeks. Mounts help obviously, but he’s looked better than he did for most of last year.

King Glorious 06-20-2020 03:28 PM

Well damn, how good is Gamine? An effortless 1:32.55 win by a pole. Wow!!

cakes44 06-20-2020 04:42 PM

NBC coverage has set the bar low for TV coverage, but finds a way to lower it almost every year.