Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   nhl (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54445)

Danzig 07-02-2014 03:23 PM

nhl

yeah, it's the offseason, and trades and signings going on like mad. but they need to start getting back to skating, or give these guys something to do!

claude giroux, philly captain, was arrested for grabbing a cops ass in a bar. lol

oops.

declansharbor 07-02-2014 04:44 PM

1,000,000% thread worthy!

ateamstupid 07-02-2014 05:04 PM

The Capitals are insane. Overpaying Niskanen is one thing but Orpik??

Also pretty amazing the Lightning actually gave Callahan his $35 million.

Danzig 07-03-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by declansharbor (Post 985111)
1,000,000% thread worthy!

i thought so, since no one had really mentioned the draft at all. the story made me laugh.

ateam, yeah, i'm wondering why the big payout to orpik. but then, i'm also wondering at them still keeping mike green.
no shock grabovski was sent on his way, he wanted more than they were willing to pay-but look, it gave them bucks for orpik!

no surprise at all that ryan miller ended up in vancouver.

but, paying too much by the caps is one thing.....what i'm anxious to see is how pittsburgh ends up doing this year. because they seem like an absolute clusterf*ck right now.

MaTH716 07-03-2014 08:34 AM

Brooks Orpik contract

GBBob 07-03-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716 (Post 985155)
Brooks Orpik contract

Thnx for buying out Brad Richards for $20 Mill so he would "only" need $2 Mill to center for Patrick Kane next year. Hope he has one more year left in the tank. Know he had plummetted in NY as the year progressed.

MaTH716 07-03-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 985156)
Thnx for buying out Brad Richards for $20 Mill so he would "only" need $2 Mill to center for Patrick Kane next year. Hope he has one more year left in the tank. Know he had plummetted in NY as the year progressed.

He'll be a good fit for the Hawks. Was having a good post season, but fell off the map after the Pens series.

ateamstupid 07-03-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 985147)
i thought so, since no one had really mentioned the draft at all. the story made me laugh.

ateam, yeah, i'm wondering why the big payout to orpik. but then, i'm also wondering at them still keeping mike green.
no shock grabovski was sent on his way, he wanted more than they were willing to pay-but look, it gave them bucks for orpik!

no surprise at all that ryan miller ended up in vancouver.

but, paying too much by the caps is one thing.....what i'm anxious to see is how pittsburgh ends up doing this year. because they seem like an absolute clusterf*ck right now.

Penguins' losses are NYR gain as I don't see a major threat coming from anyone else to win our division. Columbus maybe. BOS, MTL and TB are the rest of the class of the East and all are in the Atlantic.

Alabama Stakes 07-03-2014 11:46 AM

ban the helmet !

Danzig 07-03-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 985175)
Penguins' losses are NYR gain as I don't see a major threat coming from anyone else to win our division. Columbus maybe. BOS, MTL and TB are the rest of the class of the East and all are in the Atlantic.

i thought firing bylsma was a bad move. you fire your coach to get a better one, when they were doing their search, the best coach available was the one they'd fired.
which, by the way, makes me happy. i don't like the pens. no, i hate the pens.
hard to pick columbus, just never sure what they're going to do-and their star, johanson isn't happy with them right now.

steve 07-03-2014 06:33 PM

johannson had one good year,he is hard to motivate and last season when the jackets did not make the playoff he was sent to the minor's to play and was a healthy scratch there. He does not want a bridge contact

Danzig 07-03-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve (Post 985237)
johannson had one good year,he is hard to motivate and last season when the jackets did not make the playoff he was sent to the minor's to play and was a healthy scratch there. He does not want a bridge contact

Yeah, I saw he said he felt it was a slap in the face. Not sure that he should have gone public with it, but they said theyd match any offer so we will see.

Danzig 07-07-2014 09:57 PM

Saw that Fischer, Nashville, ruptured an Achilles, surgery, out at least four to six months.

Also, hope all goes well for Bryan Murray, Ottawa gm, who has to undergo cancer treatment.

Danzig 07-09-2014 01:42 PM

toews, kane got their extensions. 8 year deals.

ateamstupid 07-09-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 986126)
toews, kane got their extensions. 8 year deals.

Sorry can't hear you tracking LeBron's bowel movements
-ESPN

RockHardTen1985 07-09-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 986133)
-ESPN

He is the greatest athlete of modern times. His story is 100% legit too. Made it out of the hood, was loved, hated and loved again. And now he will return home.

Danzig 07-09-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 986133)
-ESPN

:D