Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   April 15th Tea Party (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29025)

2MinsToPost 04-14-2009 06:50 PM

April 15th Tea Party

I'll be attending in Columbus, Ohio with pride

anyone gonna go to their local?

hi_im_god 04-14-2009 07:40 PM

the serious tea baggers are at pa.

you might want to check in there.

pgardn 04-14-2009 08:21 PM

They are having it here.
It gonna be really big and exciting.
Its not affiliated with any political party.
Glen Beck is the speaker...

No spin, fair, and balanced.

Conclusion:

I estimate the spin around 30,000 rpm's (dentist drill type
revolutions and probably will hurt more).

About as fair as a Taliban trial.

I expected most people attending
will have eyes that are so offset
that balance will be an impossibilty.

I'll pass thank you.

*cue Deliverance banjo*

hi_im_god 04-14-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgardn
They are having it here.

Conclusion:

I'll pass thank you.

*cue Deliverance banjo*

please.

this is clearly a grassroots non-partisan movement and an opportunity for the silent majority to be silent no more.

and they actually use that old nixon term on their website. i can't wait to be called a nattering nabob of negativism.

btw: your state is seceding according to some of the cooler heads at pa. thought you should know.

pgardn 04-14-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi_im_god
btw: your state is seceding according to some of the cooler heads at pa. thought you should know.

yes indeed

We pledge allegiance to Texas right after we
pledge allegiance to the United States at school.

Texas is also indivisible and under God.
(Never mind we have 254 county jurisdictions)
Since we are under you not once, but twice each day,
I formally request you just step on us
and squeeze the precious bodily fluids from our state.

Honu 04-14-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
I'll be attending in Columbus, Ohio with pride

anyone gonna go to their local?

Do u happen to have the address where to mail the tea bags I get to work and cant make an actual event.

Smooth Operator 04-14-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

I'll pass thank you.

*cue Deliverance banjo*

:D

The next McVeigh and Nichols will no doubt be somewhere amongst the more delusional wack-jobs that show up at these events tomorrow.

Like that worthless piece of human debris that ambushed the two cops in Pittsburgh.

That bad man Obama gonna come and take yer guns … lol.

Honu 04-14-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Operator
:D

The next McVeigh and Nichols will no doubt be somewhere amongst the more delusional wack-jobs that show up at these events tomorrow.

Like that worthless piece of human debris that ambushed the two cops in Pittsburgh.

That bad man Obama gonna come and take yer guns … lol.

Im sure the first tea party people were viewed the same way , its nothing against the new prez per say , it saying something say to the federal government as a whole. We are so double taxed in this country its sick , we are taxed on just about everything twice or almost twice and its such bullpucky. People get taxed on money and then when they die it gets taxed again , pretty unbelievable and wrong.

ddthetide 04-15-2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honu
Im sure the first tea party people were viewed the same way , its nothing against the new prez per say , it saying something say to the federal government as a whole. We are so double taxed in this country its sick , we are taxed on just about everything twice or almost twice and its such bullpucky. People get taxed on money and then when they die it gets taxed again , pretty unbelievable and wrong.

and it gonna get worse. :wf

hurricanefrank 04-15-2009 05:52 AM

As an editorial in the Financial Times stated yesterday, "Federal Income Tax is a parody of self-defeating confusion".

Try finding the definition of income in the Internal Revenue Code.

The Indomitable DrugS 04-15-2009 05:56 AM

This reminds me - I have to do my taxes today.

herkhorse 04-15-2009 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
This reminds me - I have to do my taxes today.

:D like your style

dellinger63 04-15-2009 09:43 AM

Don't have time. Have to go sign returns and check. :mad: :mad:

brianwspencer 04-15-2009 11:01 AM

These are hilarious. I can't wait for the coverage. There is sure to be a real treasury of awesome quotes, terrible signs, a curious abundance of ignorance and plenty of idiots to go around.

TEABAG OBAMA!!!!!

SOREHOOF 04-15-2009 11:29 AM

I like paying taxes! I know the Govt. of New York State and the Federal Govt. can find much better ways to spend my money than I can. How's that Salt Marsh Mouse in Pelosi's district doing now with those much needed tax dollars? NASCAR seems to be doing about the same with their extra 120 million dollars of our tax dollars. Still less passing than a 4 horse 4 1/2 furlong sprint.

ateamstupid 04-15-2009 01:17 PM

I'm speechless. You can't make this sh it up.

johnny pinwheel 04-15-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

They are having it here.

Conclusion:

I'll pass thank you.

*cue Deliverance banjo*

thats hilarious, i can't wait to see joe the plumber, i heard his wife i mean "cousin" will be attending. is glen beck going to cry for everyone?

Honu 04-15-2009 03:01 PM

Its not about the president , its about the government embarking on spending that will never be matched. How is all the crap in the budget going to be paid for ? With our tax dollars is how and does anyone think they are going to be able to do it at the tax rate that is current ?
By the year 2046 with this budget each man woman and child would have to pay over 400k in taxes just to keep our country from imploding , if you dont believe me just look it up , we are heading down a road that there will be no return from.
The citizens of this counrty are trying to make a statement without having a full blown revolt ( which might not be a bad idea ) ....the government is funded and paid for by us and when you idily sit by and let them do what they want we will have only ourselves to blame, How much do you think that actors salary from House is going to be ? Do we really need a media liason , I thought that was E Rahms job . Its bogus and if you dont think its not going to affect you down the road then I want the kool-aid you have been drinking , because with this spending we are totally screwed as a nation , the dollar will be worth about 25 cents by the time they are done printing all the money.

gales0678 04-15-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honu
Its not about the president , its about the government embarking on spending that will never be matched. How is all the crap in the budget going to be paid for ? With our tax dollars is how and does anyone think they are going to be able to do it at the tax rate that is current ?
By the year 2046 with this budget each man woman and child would have to pay over 400k in taxes just to keep our country from imploding , if you dont believe me just look it up , we are heading down a road that there will be no return from.
The citizens of this counrty are trying to make a statement without having a full blown revolt ( which might not be a bad idea ) ....the government is funded and paid for by us and when you idily sit by and let them do what they want we will have only ourselves to blame, How much do you think that actors salary from House is going to be ? Do we really need a media liason , I thought that was E Rahms job . Its bogus and if you dont think its not going to affect you down the road then I want the kool-aid you have been drinking , because with this spending we are totally screwed as a nation , the dollar will be worth about 25 cents by the time they are done printing all the money.

good points