Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Randy Johnson is killing me!!!!! (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551)

deltaforce97 06-09-2006 07:25 PM

Randy Johnson is killing me!!!!!

Sorry, but I need to vent a little.

I still shudder thinking about the day I heard the Yanks traded Javy Vasquez away for this has-been.

Gander 06-09-2006 07:40 PM

Lets go A's! I sense a Yankee dip coming on. I predict they lose at least 15 of their next 25 games. Wouldnt that be nice!

deltaforce97 06-09-2006 07:43 PM

A Red Sox fan I see!!! I'm so sorry.....!!!!

Gander 06-09-2006 07:56 PM

Yup, and a huge baseball fan, a Yankee hater.
:p

Suffolk Shippers 06-09-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaforce97
A Red Sox fan I see!!! I'm so sorry.....!!!!

I will claim myself as the resident Red Sox fan :rolleyes: . It was a tough eighty six years haha, but the 2004 World Series and gag job by the Yankees was all worth the wait!

That being said, gotta give the Yanks credit, Jeter, Matsui, Sheffield, etc all down. Rivera in and out, Damon's playing hurt, all kinds of issues, Johnson sucking. Still in first! Admirable!

alysheba4 06-09-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gander
Yup, and a huge baseball fan, a Yankee hater.
:p

..... a new yorker and hating the yankees...... that a little weird but whatever:rolleyes:

Gander 06-10-2006 05:44 AM

Nope not all that weird, there are plenty Red Sox fans where I live anyways, and plenty Yankee fans in Boston. Not sure how anyone finds that weird. I like the Dodgers too, but yet I live 3,000 miles away, guess thats weird too?

Yankees hanging tough giving the circumstances. I never thought Matsui was as good as most people think, but Sheffield is sure terrfic. Best player on that team. Hate to see any player get injured. That just sucks.

alysheba4 06-10-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Nope not all that weird, there are plenty Red Sox fans where I live anyways, and plenty Yankee fans in Boston. Not sure how anyone finds that weird. I like the Dodgers too, but yet I live 3,000 miles away, guess thats weird too?

Yankees hanging tough giving the circumstances. I never thought Matsui was as good as most people think, but Sheffield is sure terrfic. Best player on that team. Hate to see any player get injured. That just sucks.

........no, i was kidding you man. have lived in los angeles my whole life and have always hated the dodgers....... have rooted for the angels since
the ryan, tanana days.

Gander 06-10-2006 07:43 AM

My entire family is from New hampshire so I grew up a Red Sox fan. In the
late 70's and 80's I also liked the Yankees, when Reggie, Willie Randolph, Craig Nettles, Don Mattingly, Rickey Henderson and Dave Windfield were on board. Ever since Joe Torre took over I have found them pretty intolerable.

A Rod just puts a fork in that team for me.

Suffolk Shippers 06-10-2006 07:48 AM

Quote:

Although I am Red Sox devotee, I am also a fan of the Pirates...not sure why, just am :cool:

Gander 06-10-2006 07:56 AM

Thats cool Suffolk, I have long rooted for the Dodgers as my NL team. Loved Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes and Ron Cey growing up.

Now they have D Lowe and Rafael Furcal (from Braves who I really like). Never was a big Nomar Garciapara fan. Always thought he was a whiner and anything but a team player. I miss D Lowe though, he along with Gabe Kapler were my 2 favorite Sox.

Any news on when Gabe comes back from his achilles injury? I heard maybe August?