Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Breeders' Cup Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   BREEDER'S CUP ~ FIELDS: Juvy, J-Fillies; J-Turf, J-F Turf, J-T Sprint (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68606)

Kasept 10-07-2020 03:52 PM

BREEDER'S CUP ~ FIELDS: Juvy, J-Fillies; J-Turf, J-F Turf, J-T Sprint

Kasept 10-07-2020 03:53 PM

Alabama Stakes 10-07-2020 04:05 PM

Would think Aunt Pearl will get added to that Juvy filly turf.

Kasept 10-14-2020 03:18 AM

AO'B's Battleground a prominent add to the J-Turf..

Another high-class juvenile for O’Brien is Battleground, who has not been seen since adding the Vintage Stakes at Glorious Goodwood to his Chesham Stakes victory at Royal Ascot.

By War Front out of O’Brien’s Arc-winning mare Found, he is set go to the Breeders’ Cup.

O’Brien said: “Obviously he didn’t go to the Dewhurst, so the plan at the moment is we’re thinking of going to the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf with him. He seems to be in good form at the moment.”

Alabama Stakes 10-29-2020 01:19 AM

The juv turf races are stacked. Looks like there are lots of contenders.

Kasept 11-02-2020 11:52 AM

PRINCESS SECRET out of Juvy Fillies after OOC testing comes up with steroid positive..

Kasept 11-02-2020 04:30 PM

Drawn fields, ML odds..

cal828 11-02-2020 06:53 PM

Steve, you've got the Juvenile Turf twice, but no Juvenile Turf Sprint.

Dahoss 11-06-2020 02:56 PM

Princess Noor ran to her figs.

casp0555 11-06-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1146750)

:tro: she must have got stuck in second gear

RolloTomasi 11-06-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1146750)

Another thing that has ruined the sport. Dwindling foal crops compounded by uncompetitive horsemen bringing their best horses out fewer times, ducking one another, and starting later in the year such that hardly any of these horses are truly battle-tested.

Princess Noor was running in the equivalent of maiden special weights in 3 of her starts (I think even the DM Debutante and Chandelier had 75% maidens). Why do we have to wait until the supposed championship event for Princess Noor to be exposed? At the same time, would she have conceivably finished better (rather than hitting a brick wall) if she had faced larger fields or some rivals of quality in her previous races?

I tend to think there's a glimmer of hope for her were they to able start from scratch and let her develop methodically by racing her in competitive spots (say if she wintered at Fair Grounds or Oaklawn, each of which has a robust stakes schedule and full fields).

Instead she'll probably rebound and win a 4-horse Los Alamitos Starlet, sit around for 60 days and then win a 4-horse Las Virgenes and/or a 4-horse Santa Anita Oaks before bombing again in the Kentucky Oaks.

I suppose it's more fun for the majority of owners to dupe themselves into thinking they have world beaters on their hands (at least for a little while) rather than just solid horses that can win some of the time.

Dahoss 11-06-2020 03:36 PM

Did Tropicana sponsor the Juvenile Fillies Turf?

This might be the year Brad Cox’s vet wins an eclipse. It’s well deserved.

Dahoss 11-06-2020 04:21 PM

Brad Cox is so dreamy.

I can’t phucking wait until he gets the Servis treatment.

King Glorious 11-06-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolloTomasi (Post 1146754)
Another thing that has ruined the sport. Dwindling foal crops compounded by uncompetitive horsemen bringing their best horses out fewer times, ducking one another, and starting later in the year such that hardly any of these horses are truly battle-tested.

Princess Noor was running in the equivalent of maiden special weights in 3 of her starts (I think even the DM Debutante and Chandelier had 75% maidens). Why do we have to wait until the supposed championship event for Princess Noor to be exposed? At the same time, would she have conceivably finished better (rather than hitting a brick wall) if she had faced larger fields or some rivals of quality in her previous races?

I tend to think there's a glimmer of hope for her were they to able start from scratch and let her develop methodically by racing her in competitive spots (say if she wintered at Fair Grounds or Oaklawn, each of which has a robust stakes schedule and full fields).

Instead she'll probably rebound and win a 4-horse Los Alamitos Starlet, sit around for 60 days and then win a 4-horse Las Virgenes and/or a 4-horse Santa Anita Oaks before bombing again in the Kentucky Oaks.

I suppose it's more fun for the majority of owners to dupe themselves into thinking they have world beaters on their hands (at least for a little while) rather than just solid horses that can win some of the time.

So in other words, you're telling me I don't have to watch the rest of her career and can just re-live Bellafina's?

RolloTomasi 11-06-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Glorious (Post 1146760)
So in other words, you're telling me I don't have to watch the rest of her career and can just re-live Bellafina's?

Exactly. Although we may be presuming too much.

In recent years, Baffert has tended to fry his fillies rather quickly (even more so than the colts). She may not make it to next May.

Kasept 11-10-2020 06:58 PM

Kasept 11-10-2020 06:58 PM