Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dee Tee Stables (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Potential Start: April 11-Keeneland (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10986)

Kasept 03-19-2007 08:26 AM

Potential Start: April 11-Keeneland

With the KEE Condition Book available and Chuck pulling out of NoLa in 2 weeks, there appears to be an allowance on the grass for Sumwonlovesyou April 11. The 9th race on 4/11 ("The Pure Prize") is 8.5f on the turf for $54k (NW1X-NW2L).

We'll see what Chuck has to say, but when we spoke the other day he was game for giving our girl an ALW shot even though the spot is aggressive.. The reports continue to be great from Fair Grounds on Sumwon's demeanor, fitness and progress.

BillW 03-19-2007 09:22 AM

Best of luck Steve. I'll be at the track that day and will keep my eyes open for her.

Kasept 03-19-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillW
Best of luck Steve. I'll be at the track that day and will keep my eyes open for her.

Thx Bill! She'll be easy to spot. She's the horse with 94 people around her in any paddock...

ddthetide 03-19-2007 10:24 AM

how far in advance will she be entered IF she is in? we'll be in LV that week. want to make sure we can see her.

Bigsmc 03-19-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddthetide
how far in advance will she be entered IF she is in? we'll be in LV that week. want to make sure we can see her.

Entries are drawn April 7.

ddthetide 03-19-2007 01:54 PM

thanks !

Hickory Hill Hoff 03-19-2007 06:38 PM

Great news! Interesting name for an allowance event on the turf for fillies; "The Pure Prize"
a Phipps/McGaughey runner (a offspring from my all time favorite filly Personal Ensign ...that is next to Sumwon),
he was a colt and I can't remember if he ever ran on grass. Anyways...
I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!

BPLichorowiec 03-19-2007 07:30 PM

Sounds great. I'm getting excited just thinking about this.

Chuck was originally thinking a 35-40k claiming race and now he is entertaining the idea of an allowance race. I wonder if this has anything to do with Sumwon's progress or just trying to get a race into her?

docicu3 03-19-2007 08:24 PM

HOTEL AT KEE for somewon's race ????

I was hoping to fly somewhere relatively close to stay the day before and after the race. Suggestions folks???

The earlier the better with reservations.....

Is KEE a track that would require tickets in advance because the track is so well respected and the meets so short ???

This facility was on my list of "ballparks" to visit for historical reasons and next to CD I can't think of an east coast track with a better reputation for fans from the perspective of innovative yet historically rich. Am I dreaming or is this true?

DrD

paisjpq 03-19-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docicu3

I was hoping to fly somewhere relatively close to stay the day before and after the race. Suggestions folks???

The earlier the better with reservations.....

Is KEE a track that would require tickets in advance because the track is so well respected and the meets so short ???

This facility was on my list of "ballparks" to visit for historical reasons and next to CD I can't think of an east coast track with a better reputation for fans from the perspective of innovative yet historically rich. Am I dreaming or is this true?

DrD

the airport is literally across the street fom the track...but will be more expensive than flying into cinci or L-ville...

tickets can still be had for that day here:
https://secure.keeneland.com/tickets...nd_process.asp

any hotel with an available room is the closest;)

oh, and everything you have heard is true...my favorite track.

randallscott35 03-19-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisjpq
the airport is literally across the street fom the track...but will be more expensive than flying into cinci or L-ville...

tickets can still be had for that day here:
https://secure.keeneland.com/tickets...nd_process.asp

any hotel with an available room is the closest;)

oh, and everything you have heard is true...my favorite track.

More than Toga? Really.

paisjpq 03-19-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randallscott35
More than Toga? Really.

it's a different kind of place...thinking about it, I may actaually love them equally, but in different ways.

PSH 03-19-2007 09:51 PM

Keeneland

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisjpq
it's a different kind of place...thinking about it, I may actaually love them equally, but in different ways.

Definitely #1 and #1A.....
Top two tracks.

Don't forget to visit some of the horse farms while you are there....

PSH

ddthetide 03-20-2007 05:40 AM

we've been to Keeneland twice and LOVE IT! been to Churchill too and still like Kee better.
we thought Kentucky Horse Park was VERY cool.

TheSpyder 03-20-2007 11:47 AM

Road Trip! SWEET!
We need to keep track of whose going! Count me in!

Spyder from SC

jman5581 03-20-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept
With the KEE Condition Book available and Chuck pulling out of NoLa in 2 weeks, there appears to be an allowance on the grass for Sumwonlovesyou April 11. The 9th race on 4/11 ("The Pure Prize") is 8.5f on the turf for $54k (NW1X-NW2L).

It looks like Sumwon would get 8 lbs allowance. There's also a race with the same conditions on Apr. 26. I wonder if Chuck would plan on running her back in that one if she doesn't win this one? :)

Kasept 03-20-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jman5581
It looks like Sumwon would get 8 lbs allowance. There's also a race with the same conditions on Apr. 26. I wonder if Chuck would plan on running her back in that one if she doesn't win this one? :)

J,

I'll look back at the condirions, but I don't think she gets the weight break because of her claim start prices..

Riot 03-20-2007 03:33 PM

This is SO exciting .... what are we going to do during the day, are we going to try and hook up as a group, see if we can get a couple of empty boxes, or try to reserve dining room space? Where shall we go for dinner? :)

Hey! Danzig was meeting up with Chuck Monday morning to see Sumwon ... any report from NO yet?

dellinger63 03-20-2007 04:07 PM

Going to try and make it if she draws into the race.
Also noticed the Wednesday she runs leads into Blue Grass w/e.

dellinger63 03-20-2007 04:14 PM

wow just read a post by BTW saying to avoid B/G day.