Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tony Romo ? (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25203)

hrfan 09-23-2008 05:38 AM

Tony Romo ?

Is he a top 5 NFL quarterback ? some would say yes, some could easily say no.... i say yes, but there are a number of guys you could put in front of him like....

Big Ben
Peyton
Eli
Brett
Tom Brady
Donovan
Drew Brees
i would also say
Cutler and Rivers are close even though i dislike both of them.

zippyneedsawin 09-23-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrfan
Is he a top 5 NFL quarterback ? some would say yes, some could easily say no.... i say yes, but there are a number of guys you could put in front of him like....

Big Ben -No
Peyton -Yes
Eli -No
Brett -NO (not anymore)
Tom Brady -NO (not this year)
Donovan -No
Drew Brees -No
i would also say
Cutler (maybe) and Rivers (maybe) are close even though i dislike both of them.

I think this belongs in the Sports forum, but I'll respond anyway..

hrfan 09-23-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyneedsawin
I think this belongs in the Sports forum, but I'll respond anyway..

your right, sorry i thought i was in there

Antitrust32 09-23-2008 07:05 AM

Quote:

Big Ben
Peyton
Eli
Brett
Tom Brady
Donovan
Drew Brees
i would also say

I dont know about Big Ben... but Romo fits with those guys I think. (and that takes a lot for me to say that being an Eagles fan)

GBBob 09-23-2008 07:30 AM

I think Top 5 TODAY (which excludes Brady) are..in no particular order

- Romo
- P Mannning
- McNabb
- Rivers
- Roethlisberger

I think Brees is real close as well

Cannon Shell 09-23-2008 08:03 AM

Pennington :tro:

Culpepper :$:

GBBob 09-23-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Pennington :tro:

Culpepper :$:

rabble-rouser

jwkniska 09-23-2008 08:22 AM

personally, I think Romo's about the most overrated qb in the nfl. gets more press time due to his out of football life and how many BIG games has he won... ZERO, blown by himself, multiple.

my top 5 (if all were healthy)
P. Manning
Brady (although I can't stand him)
Roethlisberger
McNabb
Brees

declansharbor 09-23-2008 01:37 PM

I've never bought into the Big Ben hype, and NO WAY would I ever have him in front of a presumably healthy McNabb. It is tough though, to rate QB's, as they all have different variables to consider. (O-lines, TE's and WR's to alleviate pressure) I'm not knocking Romo, as I feel when he's given adequate time in the pocket, he's one of the best. I would just like to see what he would do on a team like SF or TB. It could be said about any QB for that matter, but I always wonder if Romeo would be regarded as one of the best if he had less firepower and had to fit balls into tighter coverages. We're not going to find out anytime soon barring an injury to TO and Witten (the best at each respective position IMO). Work with what you have.

With that said, my top 5 reads:

1. Brady
1A. Manning
3. McNabb
4. Romo
5. Brees

Antitrust32 09-23-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by declansharbor
I've never bought into the Big Ben hype, and NO WAY would I ever have him in front of a presumably healthy McNabb. It is tough though, to rate QB's, as they all have different variables to consider. (O-lines, TE's and WR's to alleviate pressure) I'm not knocking Romo, as I feel when he's given adequate time in the pocket, he's one of the best. I would just like to see what he would do on a team like SF or TB. It could be said about any QB for that matter, but I always wonder if Romeo would be regarded as one of the best if he had less firepower and had to fit balls into tighter coverages. We're not going to find out anytime soon barring an injury to TO and Witten (the best at each respective position IMO). Work with what you have.

With that said, my top 5 reads:

1. Brady
1A. Manning
3. McNabb
4. Romo
5. Brees

I think by the end of the year Cutler will be an elite QB, now that he has his diabetes under control he's looked very good this year.

wiphan 09-23-2008 02:14 PM

Until he can prove that he can win in the playoffs I say no

1-Brady
2-Manning
3-McNabb
4-Brees
5-Big Ben

declansharbor 09-23-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antitrust32
I think by the end of the year Cutler will be an elite QB, now that he has his diabetes under control he's looked very good this year.

I agree 100%. By the end of the year, both Cutler and Rodgers will move up the board tremendously. I'm still on the fence about Rivers. I think the fact that he looks like a rich frat boy and his actions in the IND/SD playoff game are the root of my distaste for him.

philcski 09-23-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antitrust32

I don't think people have ANY idea how difficult it would be to play football with that issue, controlled or not. My hats off to him.

2 Dollar Bill 09-23-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Big Ben
Peyton
Eli
Brett
Tom Brady
Donovan
Drew Brees
i would also say

Regular season or Post season ? He can put up some #'s during the season.. but playoffs??????

hi_im_god 09-24-2008 08:45 PM

i'm waiting for the ryan leaf comeback.

he's gold. people just need to shut up and let him be. he's just fine. stop bugging him. it was a good pick. shut the f up. it was all the media's fault.

can we move this thread to politics?

pgardn 09-24-2008 08:54 PM

Romo has the best offensive line in Football right now.
He has pulled some big chokes and has thrown some
very ill-timed interceptions in the past.

He has arguable the best Tight End in football (include blocking)
a good stable of running backs, and one of the best Wideouts
in football.

I abstain for now on calling him top 5.

hi_im_god 09-24-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgardn
Romo has the best offensive line in Football right now.
He has pulled some big chokes and has thrown some
very ill-timed interceptions in the past.

He has arguable the best uninjured Tight End in football (include blocking)
a good stable of running backs, and one of the best Wideouts
in football.

I abstain for now on calling him top 5.

ftfy

pgardn 09-24-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi_im_god
ftfy

ffffffhhhhttt

ffffhhhhtttt

cat noises in mating season.

ALostTexan 09-24-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi_im_god
i'm waiting for the ryan leaf comeback.

he's gold. people just need to shut up and let him be. he's just fine. stop bugging him. it was a good pick. shut the f up. it was all the media's fault.

can we move this thread to politics?

Actually, Ryan Leaf is doing better now post-NFL than alot of NFL quarterbacks. This is a good piece on him. He is doing well in Canyon, TX, close to Amarillo, is very popular in the community, and the Buffs are doing great.

Plus, I like the part about how he lives in an 1,800 square foot home, banking what he made in the NFL. Smarter move than most. And with a few million in the bank, he is a trillionaire in the Texas Panhandle...

hi_im_god 09-24-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALostTexan
Actually, Ryan Leaf is doing better now post-NFL than alot of NFL quarterbacks. This is a good piece on him. He is doing well in Canyon, TX, close to Amarillo, is very popular in the community, and the Buffs are doing great.

Plus, I like the part about how he lives in an 1,800 square foot home, banking what he made in the NFL. Smarter move than most. And with a few million in the bank, he is a trillionaire in the Texas Panhandle...

nike and pepsi endorsements?

where's the federal bailout on those bad investments?