Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Charles Hatton Reading Room (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ateam's Saratoga $100 play-a-day (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51228)

ateamstupid 07-15-2013 04:24 PM

Ateam's Saratoga $100 play-a-day

Hey All -

In this thread, I'll be outlining a $100 play for each day this Saratoga meet and keeping track of my net and ROI. Usually, the bulk of the play will be a Pick 4 ticket, with some additional Win/Double/Pick 3 goodies tacked on, always adding up to $100. I'll also write a few paragraphs about the main sequence explaining in detail how I saw the races, as well as some brief postmortem in the next post about the results. The idea is to show that a player can make a good profit over the course of this meet by identifying sequences that are worth investing in and devoting the necessary time to solve them, rather than just reflexively trying to make money on every race.

The first post will go up Thursday night. Let's have a great Saratoga.

JB

AlreadyHome 07-15-2013 04:52 PM

Very nice

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 935334)
Hey All -

In this thread, I'll be outlining a $100 play for each day this Saratoga meet and keeping track of my net and ROI. Usually, the bulk of the play will be a Pick 4 ticket, with some additional Win/Double/Pick 3 goodies tacked on, always adding up to $100. I'll also write a few paragraphs about the main sequence explaining in detail how I saw the races, as well as some brief postmortem in the next post about the results. The idea is to show that a player can make a good profit over the course of this meet by identifying sequences that are worth investing in and devoting the necessary time to solve them, rather than just reflexively trying to make money on every race.

JB

That sound cool,I'm going 2b checking out your picks and this thread.
Good luck @Saratoga. I like your idea I might try that @Del Mar.
MCHG is fire "FWMYKIGI"

Payson Dave 07-15-2013 07:09 PM

would be curious to compare the roi on 40 one hundred dollar win bets vs the roi on 40 one hundred dollar p4 or p3 plays

RockHardTen1985 07-15-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 935334)
Hey All -

JB

Good idea. Good luck, crush it.

geeker2 07-15-2013 08:19 PM

Are you going to play all your picks with real money too?

ateamstupid 07-15-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeker2 (Post 935352)
Are you going to play all your picks with real money too?

Yes geek, absolutely.

geeker2 07-15-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 935354)
Yes geek, absolutely. I'll be posting screenshots of my wagers.

Nice - can't wait.

Good Luck!

jms62 07-16-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 935354)
Yes geek, absolutely. I'll be posting screenshots of my wagers.

Based upon your pick 4 play you post here you are odds on to post a profit for the meet. Hope you land a monster.

knickslions2 07-16-2013 08:08 AM

Looking forward to this thread and the meet. Money to be made. Best of luck Ateam

dellinger63 07-16-2013 09:13 AM

GL Joey hope you catch some monster payoffs.

kp319 07-16-2013 10:19 AM

Good Luck Joe KP

hoovesupsideyourhead 07-16-2013 10:45 AM

go get em joe..channel the round table!!

casp0555 07-16-2013 11:21 AM

I will be following Joey! Best of luck and hope to cash a ticket or two hanging on to your coat-tails.

Ocala Mike 07-16-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payson Dave (Post 935347)
would be curious to compare the roi on 40 one hundred dollar win bets vs the roi on 40 one hundred dollar p4 or p3 plays

Apples and oranges, no? The guy's going to deal in "sequences," i.e., horizontal plays involving multiple possibilities, in search of a nice profit at the end of the meet.

randallscott35 07-16-2013 12:53 PM

Good luck with this and a good idea. The point of picking a few races or a sequence makes a lot of sense. How often do all of us treat Saratoga differently as bettors than AQ in December. Every race isn't a betting opportunity especially if you don't have a strong opinion. I find giving yourself a daily bankroll like that is the easiest way to try and come out with a positive ROI. And that is regardless of how you are structuring your bets, i.e. rolling 3s etc...Any thought of doing something like this for Del Mar as well? The overall cards are usually better at Saratoga but I've found the bettors are sharper at Toga as well. Thanks and good luck...Randy

ateamstupid 07-16-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randallscott35 (Post 935380)
Good luck with this and a good idea. The point of picking a few races or a sequence makes a lot of sense. How often do all of us treat Saratoga differently as bettors than AQ in December. Every race isn't a betting opportunity especially if you don't have a strong opinion. I find giving yourself a daily bankroll like that is the easiest way to try and come out with a positive ROI. And that is regardless of how you are structuring your bets, i.e. rolling 3s etc...Any thought of doing something like this for Del Mar as well? The overall cards are usually better at Saratoga but I've found the bettors are sharper at Toga as well. Thanks and good luck...Randy

:eek: a Randall sighting? Now the pressure's really on.. I play Del Mar, but don't follow the circuit like I do w/NYRA so I don't feel as comfortable writing extended opinions about it. I'll stick with Toga.

Thanks for the support all. Friday's PP's are out.

MaTH716 07-16-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randallscott35 (Post 935380)

When did you get out?

randallscott35 07-16-2013 01:11 PM

If Elliot Spitzer can get a second chance....I mean c'mon here Math.

Payson Dave 07-16-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocala Mike (Post 935379)
Apples and oranges, no? The guy's going to deal in "sequences," i.e., horizontal plays involving multiple possibilities, in search of a nice profit at the end of the meet.

Isn't everyone in search of a nice profit at the end of the meet....the question is do you get there by betting apples or do you get there by betting oranges.... my post was not a put down of Joe's wagering approach but simply curious as to the differences in the roi's between the two

Gate Dancer 07-16-2013 04:11 PM

A bold quest indeed.............best of luck. Hope you don't mind if we piggyback along!!