Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Get-Togethers (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tampa 2016 (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58492)

-BT- 02-23-2016 10:11 AM

Midwest, Ness Split After Successful Run

might have to call my trip off this year, i don't like 10-horse nickle claimer fields without my 2-5 shots

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...successful-run

Rudeboyelvis 02-23-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1057212)
might have to call my trip off this year, i don't like 10-horse nickle claimer fields without my 2-5 shots

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...successful-run

You can relax Bri, he still has plenty of them. He only had a handful of Midwest horses here anyway (I think less than 15?). You'll have more than a few opportunities to take 2-5 on a horse that ought to be 6-1, but then on command finds a magic gear in the stretch. ;)

Rudeboyelvis 02-23-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1057207)
Hey Dan make sure Tampa Downs is fully stocked up. Some mighty thirsty fellows on their way.

That has never been a problem. :)

The forecast is will be clear but on the chilly side (by FL standards). Front coming through tomorrow, then nice the rest of the way.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0363:1:US

-BT- 02-23-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 1057214)
You can relax Bri, he still has plenty of them. He only had a handful of Midwest horses here anyway (I think less than 15?). You'll have more than a few opportunities to take 2-5 on a horse that ought to be 6-1, but then on command finds a magic gear in the stretch. ;)

the best thing you can do in those nickle and eight claimers down there is hit the all button, lord knows i've been burned by too many 1 for 65'ers who suddenly fine their secretariat form down the lane to blow up my DD/PK3/PK4/ etc.

calling for rain wed. we gonna be off the turf for thursday dan-o? gotta long flight, need to cap appropriately

Rudeboyelvis 02-23-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1057216)
the best thing you can do in those nickle and eight claimers down there is hit the all button, lord knows i've been burned by too many 1 for 65'ers who suddenly fine their secretariat form down the lane to blow up my DD/PK3/PK4/ etc.

calling for rain wed. we gonna be off the turf for thursday dan-o? gotta long flight, need to cap appropriately

Initially thought we'd be ok, was supposed to arrive by 7AM Wednesday and be sunny by 11AM. Now looking like it won't get here until noon, I'd have to assume at least the early races would be off.

knickslions2 02-23-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 1057218)
Initially thought we'd be ok, was supposed to arrive by 7AM Wednesday and be sunny by 11AM. Now looking like it won't get here until noon, I'd have to assume at least the early races would be off.

I would think Thursday will be fine

Rudeboyelvis 02-23-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1057220)
I would think Thursday will be fine

They carded 3 on the turf starting with the 5th. It really boils down to when it gets here and how long it stays.

The Greenskeeper has a tendency to be awfully discriminating mid-week

Friday and Saturday on for sure, Wednesday definitely off, Thursday 50-50 (they've been taking off all but the last race recently on borderline days... would not shock me to see that either)

Rudeboyelvis 02-24-2016 08:57 AM

Weather is already passed, some showers and some fairly stiff wind, but basically a non-event. Turf should be fine tomorrow if I had to guess

-BT- 02-24-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 1057258)
Weather is already passed, some showers and some fairly stiff wind, but basically a non-event. Turf should be fine tomorrow if I had to guess

if you and your tablet aint in the clubhouse box by race 4 i'm a coming look'n for ya!!!

Rudeboyelvis 02-24-2016 10:12 AM

Off both days and will be trackside tomorrow before you are out of bed. :cool:

I've found the trick to these weekends is getting the capping out of the way as early as possible. I'm half way through tomorrow's card and digging into Friday's card tonight. Between Show Parlays in the Grunder pub, to Derby Lane, to golf, there are precious few moments of down time between first posts.

Fulla Sheets 02-25-2016 11:22 AM

Have fun guys. Looking forward to hearing the stories.

Just a few suggestions:
Only Eng Chan firsters in the show parlay
Scream "DEANO" like a 5 year old girl if he wins a nickel claimer. But it has to be loud enough to warrant the possibility of a restraining order, or else it doesn't count.
And someone please buy the douchie guy a beer, he needs friends

knickslions2 02-25-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulla Sheets (Post 1057380)
Have fun guys. Looking forward to hearing the stories.

Just a few suggestions:
Only Eng Chan firsters in the show parlay
Scream "DEANO" like a 5 year old girl if he wins a nickel claimer. But it has to be loud enough to warrant the possibility of a restraining order, or else it doesn't count.
And someone please buy the douchie guy a beer, he needs friends

Wish you were here my friend. You're my good luck charm

herkhorse 02-27-2016 07:07 PM

someone post some pictures if you guys aren't in jail

knickslions2 02-29-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkhorse (Post 1057905)

I don't know if we got any good pics. Brian was too busy playing trivia everyday

-BT- 03-01-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1058083)
I don't know if we got any good pics. Brian was too busy playing trivia everyday

i've had my full of chicken wings, BDubs for the year....

hey TK you wanna bet on that? :zz:

-bt-

knickslions2 03-01-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1058127)
i've had my full of chicken wings, BDubs for the year....

hey TK you wanna bet on that? :zz:

-bt-

I just got back from lunch there :)

Rudeboyelvis 03-02-2016 08:30 AM

Great times as always! Good to see everyone again and had a blast as usual. Weather was much better than last year, but missed the warm stuff by a week.
High 70's this weekend... :cool:

So I'll be foregoing the track Saturday in favor of some boating/fishing on the Gulf. As promised, the boat will be fuel up and ready for a Friday diversion next year ;)

Rudeboyelvis 03-02-2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkhorse (Post 1057905)

The parlays were brutal without you!

herkhorse 03-02-2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 1058166)
The parlays were brutal without you!

The thing with parlays is knowing when to stop.(well that and keeping gpk away from the buggy races) As a group we don't have much discipline. :D

Hoping to make the next trip. Saratoga anyone?

MaTH716 03-02-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkhorse (Post 1058168)
The thing with parlays is knowing when to stop.(well that and keeping gpk away from the buggy races) As a group we don't have much discipline. :D

Hoping to make the next trip. Saratoga anyone?

:tro: