Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Paddock (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Biancone granted Stay (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17283)

cowgirlintexas 10-11-2007 07:24 AM

Biancone granted Stay

Unbelievable!! What $$ can do
I guess...http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=41275

If not for his previous suspensions I might want to believe the guy, but come on!!!

Danzig 10-11-2007 07:35 AM

he doesn't present a clear and present danger to racing. wonderful. hopefully he doesn't present a clear and present danger to the horses in his keeping.

pointman 10-11-2007 08:00 AM

"he has been tried and convicted in the press." Interesting from a guy who comes from a country where you are guilty until proven innocent.

parsixfarms 10-11-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointman
he has been tried and convicted in the press. Interesting from a guy who comes from a country where you are guilty until proven innocent.

No, he was tried and convicted at a hearing held by the KHRA, where evidence was offered by both sides. He has now been found guilty by the agency with regualtory authority over him.

pointman 10-11-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsixfarms
No, he was tried and convicted at a hearing held by the KHRA, where evidence was offered by both sides. He has now been found guilty by the agency with regualtory authority over him.

That I understood, just thought it was funny for him to complain like that. If he has such a great defense, why did he withhold that from the media? The guy is a joke.

Riot 10-11-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirlintexas
Unbelievable!! What $$ can do
I guess...http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=41275

I don't see what money has to do with it? He's legally entitled to an appeal.

Quote:

The KHRA also announced the decision by hearing officer James Robke, a former member of the defunct Kentucky Racing Commission.

Foreman earlier said an appeal by Biancone would trigger a hearing before the KHRA or one of its hearing officers; the hearing on the appeal hasn’t been scheduled. If the KHRA had denied a stay, Biancone would have had to seek a temporary restraining order, Foreman said.
A hearing before KHRA or one of it's hearing officers? How does that work, deciding which entity hears the appeal?

Anybody know anything about James Robke?

Coach Pants 10-11-2007 09:39 AM

That French bastard shouldn't have the same rights as us. Send him to GITMO!!

Cannon Shell 10-11-2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot
I don't see what money has to do with it? He's legally entitled to an appeal.

A hearing before KHRA or one of it's hearing officers? How does that work, deciding which entity hears the appeal?

Anybody know anything about James Robke?

James Robke is a fair guy. He presided over an appeal I made and even though he ruled against me he was thorough, seemingly unbiased and took the time to explain to me why he had come to his decision.

If Biancone wasn't given an appeal, his lawyers would probably use that aginst the KHRA in thier upcoming suit.

disappearingdan_akaplaya 10-11-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
James Robke is a fair guy. He presided over an appeal I made and even though he ruled against me he was thorough, seemingly unbiased and took the time to explain to me why he had come to his decision.

If Biancone wasn't given an appeal, his lawyers would probably use that aginst the KHRA in thier upcoming suit.

gotta love the "legal" process even tho it was expcted hed get this, enjoyed watching purim run him down last week:)

Benevolus 10-11-2007 06:26 PM

The sport is sort of a joke. Biancone and guys like Dutrow laugh at it. Dutrow gets suspended for cheating (an overage) and while he is suspended he cheats again and basically laughs at it. Biancone though is even worse. He has been suspended in other countries. You know he is going to get a reduced suspension to 3 months and he can serve it right after Churchill, so he won't be allowed to run at Turfway. Hilarious but you can see it coming.

Cheating is rampant in the sport, just like in cycling, track and field and anything else that requires speed and stamina.

Bobby Fischer 10-11-2007 10:15 PM

it looks like the stay is probably more to make the owners associated with Biancone's BC horses to feel better about themselves, and to make an "official" excuse for allowing Biancone to train for the BC. (good press)

As far as I understood it, previous to the "stay" it was still business as usual for Biancone as the Breeder's Cup falls within the time period allowed for with appealing suspensions.

Hopefully the stay casts no additional positive light on Biancone or the owners who continue to hire him for this Breeders Cup race.

parsixfarms 10-12-2007 08:42 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if the "industry leaders" at the Breeders' Cup refused to accept entries from him?

pmayjr 10-13-2007 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
it looks like the stay is probably more to make the owners associated with Biancone's BC horses to feel better about themselves, and to make an "official" excuse for allowing Biancone to train for the BC. (good press)

As far as I understood it, previous to the "stay" it was still business as usual for Biancone as the Breeder's Cup falls within the time period allowed for with appealing suspensions.

Hopefully the stay casts no additional positive light on Biancone or the owners who continue to hire him for this Breeders Cup race.

Bingo! He'll probably give up the appeal after the BC, and serve whatever suspension might come to him.

Cannon Shell 10-13-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmayjr
Bingo! He'll probably give up the appeal after the BC, and serve whatever suspension might come to him.

I have a feeling that he wont drop anything and will fight this in the courts.

AeWingnut 10-13-2007 11:18 AM

"yes, I'd like to order a pizza to go with extra venom"

Danzig 10-13-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut

"yes, I'd like to order a pizza to go with extra venom"

hello. is this needles r us?

Danzig 10-13-2007 11:55 AM

[quote=AeWingnut]

QUOTE]

cheaters anonymous? i have a problem...