Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Get-Togethers (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tampa Reunion 2015 (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55429)

Heels1989 02-24-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnSkinny (Post 1017132)
Our resident golf pro scalds Streamsong with 77 today, on foot and out of the cold weather. All bettors beware, just sayin'.

Already told him he is gonna have to give up more shots now. He should have told us he hacked it around and barely broke 100.

GPK 02-25-2015 07:41 AM

I've played a lot of good courses in 27 years of playing golf and yesterday was easily top 3. Just a fantastic experience. If I could have putted at all, I really could have posted a number.

MaTH716 02-25-2015 12:13 PM

Have fun boys, sorry I cant make it.

Remember, watch out for BT, he cheats on the golf course.

GPK 02-25-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716 (Post 1017185)
Have fun boys, sorry I cant make it.

Remember, watch out for BT, he cheats on the golf course.

We made our way to the range tonight after the track. He did surprisingly well. Heels caught a flight in tonight due to weather coming into Raleigh tomorrow. BT and I chilling in Tampa airport now awaiting arrival. Toss up between Joes crab shack or IHOP for dinner tonight. Suggestions?

knickslions2 02-25-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK (Post 1017214)
We made our way to the range tonight after the track. He did surprisingly well. Heels caught a flight in tonight due to weather coming into Raleigh tomorrow. BT and I chilling in Tampa airport now awaiting arrival. Toss up between Joes crab shack or IHOP for dinner tonight. Suggestions?

How the track picks go?

Rudeboyelvis 02-25-2015 08:13 PM

There is an all-star Grunder call tomorrow in the 5th:

1. Rbandzmakeherdance

3. Miteaswellbetheone

5. Shayenut'ntonobody

:tro:

Fulla Sheets 03-01-2015 03:58 PM

knickslions2 03-01-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulla Sheets (Post 1017764)

That's one fine looking group

Heels1989 03-01-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Front row: co host, Dan (Rudeboy), Seth (Golfer), John (Knicks buddy), Kev (GPK)
Back row: Lori (Antitrust), Mitch (Fulla Sheets), Terry (Minnskinny), Brian (BT), Tom (knicks), Dave (heels), Tom (3kings) and the man, the myth, the legend, Richard Grunder
Missing: our other co host Mike (Bigs))

MinnSkinny 03-01-2015 05:24 PM

As a first timer, I had a great time! This is a group that is all about what Derby Trail is all about.....good times, good handicapping, and hospitality, especially from Bigs and Kevin. I will try to dismiss the many times GPK called me old man, although my golf game sure showed that. I really enjoyed the trip, and I encourage all to try and do this sometime in the future.
Thanks again,
MinnSkinny

Heels1989 03-02-2015 06:06 AM

The DRF: $8.75
Losing wagers over 3 days: somewhere well north of $100
Hanging at Tampa Bay Downs with a great bunch of friends: PRICELESS!!!

As always BIG thanks to our local hosts Bigs and Rude. The weather was not ideal, or typical warm FLA weather, but certainly better than what most of us had traveled from. Cashing tickets, at least for me, were few and far between, but the drinks were good, the show parlay was rolling for a while, the golf was decent and the laughs were plentiful. Great time catching up with some old friends and meeting new ones (Minn, Knicks and John).

Already looking forward to the next gathering.

"Delta is dead to me"
Dave

knickslions2 03-02-2015 08:05 AM

Thanks to Bigs and Rude for hosting us. Had a great time, met a lot of great people and cant wait for the next trip!! Was up and down betting but that's pretty normal. My golf game was exactly how I remember it lol. Hoped for better weather but when I landed yesterday I realized the weather was fantastic.

GPK 03-02-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardus (Post 1017796)
In the version of this photo provided to me a few hours ago, GPK is a lot shorter.

Who 'cropped this version??

Yet, still just as handsome.

GBBob 03-02-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Sure are a lot of waters on that table...Must have been reeaaaaally hot out..:wf

Rudeboyelvis 03-02-2015 03:31 PM

Of course, it's sunny and 79 degrees today :zz::mad:

Horrid weather aside, it was a blast to reconnect with some dear friends and make a few new ones. Hope we can all do it again sometime soon!

"Once Delta does you dirty, you CANNOT go back to Delta!!" ~ 1st Commandment of the Show Parlay ;)

GPK 03-02-2015 03:41 PM

Another great trip, but still felt a touch empty without everyones favorite Freehold VIP not making an appearance. We were lost without Herk as well, but 3kings kept him in the loop by seeking out some Oaklawn horses for our parlays. Always great catching up with old friends (BT, 3kings, golfer, fulla sheets, antitrust, and the always enigmatic Exacta Bob) and meeting new friends, knickslions and his buddy, john. It was especially great finally meeting Terry (MinnSkinny) after all these years. It was special for me to finally get in a round of golf with him. Always fun to play golf with someone that has the same amount of passion towards the sport as well. Special thanks to are local hosts Rude and Bigs and Mrs. Bigs (who graciously put me up for a night.)

We had a few really strong show parlays working, but as usual, we had no clue when to stop. The golf was ok at times, but it was ugly more often than not.:D

As good as the "Delta is dead to me" line was, it doesnt hold a candle to the line Rude uttered to Bigs and I as we were discussing the training ability of John Rigattieri.
"He's been ice cold since he was red hot.":zz::zz:

GPK 03-02-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 1017865)
Sure are a lot of waters on that table...Must have been reeaaaaally hot out..:wf

I can promise you, I was the only one drinking water.

golfer 03-02-2015 04:35 PM

There was DEFINITELY water in many of those glasses, even if it was just ice cubes melting. And Hydration is very important during long days at the track. All degenerates know this;)

knickslions2 03-03-2015 12:04 PM

FYI

http://www.ihoppancakeday.com/