Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Paddock (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derby Undercard turf races (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57186)

$bill 05-05-2015 09:54 AM

Derby Undercard turf races

Steve,
In 2 of the turf races on Derby undercard, the 2 horses that went off around 10 to 1 and won you had as As. Divisidero and Tepin.

I had both as Cs and keep looking at can't see much more, maybe Divisidero because he was lightly raced.
What did you really like about these 2 horses to make them As?

Were these Thorograph horses?

Thanks,
Bill

3kings 05-05-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $bill (Post 1025905)
Steve,
In 2 of the turf races on Derby undercard, the 2 horses that went off around 10 to 1 and won you had as As. Divisidero and Tepin.

I had both as Cs and keep looking at can't see much more, maybe Divisidero because he was lightly raced.
What did you really like about these 2 horses to make them As?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill I'm not answering for Steve but in the case of Tepin it was the way he was working. He worked in tandem with Danzig Moon and it was reported that they were at least equally good. Everyone was raving about Danzig Moon's work, so to me it meant Tepin was sitting on a big race.

dellinger63 05-05-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3kings (Post 1025917)
Bill I'm not answering for Steve but in the case of Tepin it was the way he was working. He worked in tandem with Danzig Moon and it was reported that they were at least equally good. Everyone was raving about Danzig Moon's work, so to me it meant Tepin was sitting on a big race.

Plus in Tepin's case he looked like he was going to the front making it much more difficult for Leparoux to screw him up. ;)

RHT2004 05-05-2015 10:50 AM

He is a she, but yeah she supposedly out worked Danzig Moon.

Benny 05-05-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3kings (Post 1025917)

:tro: thats why i used Tepins, the other horse had a bad ML.

Sightseek 05-05-2015 12:21 PM

To me, it also looked like they thought Tepin was a quality horse last year and there were hints that she had a bit of class, but she wasn't putting it together.

ateamstupid 05-05-2015 12:47 PM

I didn't use Divisidero, but had Tepin and said why in my writeup:

#3 Tepin is interesting at a price. Her last effort was a big step forward, running a race that doesn't put her far off these, which came off a 217-day layoff. She's been lighting the track on the fire in the mornings and figures to pull a good trip, saving ground in the second flight.

With the scratch of the 10 in that race, it made the trip that much easier for her. Slow early pace, flew home.

Kasept 05-05-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $bill (Post 1025905)
Steve,

I had both as Cs and keep looking at can't see much more, maybe Divisidero because he was lightly raced. What did you really like about these 2 horses to make them As?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill,

In terms of Thoro-Graph, can say $30 Paganol in the opener was a horse that looked particularly live with a return to the race 2 back.

Given that turf in general is contentious, Tepin and Divisidero started out as viable options the way I saw the races. Divisidero was sure to get a pace to close into and Tepin had every chance to be involved while saving ground. Buff Bradley and Mark Casse had been on ATR in recent months talking about both and I like to reach for horses like these that are progressive. Adding in the strong morning works and their attractive prices and both were ideal 'Best Value' keys. Getting either home would have been great, but both was fortuitous.