Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Triple Crown Topics/Archive.. (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   VIDEO: Derby Work/Gallop Grid (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57023)

Kasept 04-21-2015 03:55 PM

VIDEO: Derby Work/Gallop Grid

Link to Churchill's daily workout/gallop vid grid: http://www.kentuckyderby.com/workouts

Thunder Gulch 04-21-2015 04:37 PM

Anything catching your eye?
I went to look at the Danzig Moon work after seeing the time, but instead of locking in on him, I was thoroughly impressed with the filly co-worker who may run next week.

MichiganMattA 04-21-2015 07:02 PM

This is fantastic. Thanks Steve

Indian Charlie 04-21-2015 09:11 PM

Watching American Pharoah is like watching water flow. His movement is so smooth and how he drives his energy from back to front through his spine is so perfect, it seems fake.

I thought Easy Goer was one of the best movers I've seen, if not the best. I know he's lightly raced and utterly untested, but that's who I think of when watching him move.

We'll see what he really is made of when he actually has to run, but I have a sense of disbelief when seeing him, like I'm not believing my eyes.

Kasept 04-21-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch (Post 1023478)
I went to look at the Danzig Moon work after seeing the time, but instead of locking in on him, I was thoroughly impressed with the filly co-worker who may run next week.

TG.. Didn't I respond to this earlier???

Cajungator26 04-21-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1023493)
TG.. Didn't I respond to this earlier???

Someone must be erasing your replies. :eek:

Kasept 04-21-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajungator26 (Post 1023494)
Someone must be erasing your replies. :eek:

Well.. I may not have put it all the way in.

Cajungator26 04-21-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1023495)
Well.. I may not have put it all the way in.

Oh.My.God.

:tro:

Indian Charlie 04-21-2015 10:04 PM

Holy cow, two posts in the same year Cajun?

Cajungator26 04-21-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Charlie (Post 1023497)
Holy cow, two posts in the same year Cajun?

I aim to please. Miss you guys! :D

mnmark 04-21-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

I thought the same thing. May I ask who the filly is.

Sightseek 04-21-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Charlie (Post 1023490)
Watching American Pharoah is like watching water flow. His movement is so smooth and how he drives his energy from back to front through his spine is so perfect, it seems fake.

I thought Easy Goer was one of the best movers I've seen, if not the best. I know he's lightly raced and utterly untested, but that's who I think of when watching him move.

We'll see what he really is made of when he actually has to run, but I have a sense of disbelief when seeing him, like I'm not believing my eyes.

Agree.

I never saw Easy Goer on the track, but Bernardini had a certain air about him that "normal" horses don't have. American Pharoah has it too.

Kitan 04-21-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnmark (Post 1023499)
I thought the same thing. May I ask who the filly is.

Tepin.

Kasept 04-22-2015 04:53 AM

Quote:

As mentioned above, I responded but must not have posted it last night..

Danzig Moon has bounced out of the work very nicely and has had 2 excellent gallops Monday and Tuesday. He was rank early in that work and Tepin is a very nice filly that the Casse camp expects to be tough in the Distaff Mile next Friday.

There has been a modest amount to consider so far really, but Birdatthewire particularly (and male counterpart Keen Ice as well) have looked very good for Romans.

American Pharoah has been out for controlled, focused exercise each morning. There had been some question as to whether he had tucked up after the AR Derby, but having seen him last in the flesh at Santa Anita 5 weeks ago, I'd say he's at least maintained himself. Will see him up close over the weekend.

Thunder Gulch 04-22-2015 11:39 AM

Thanks. I realize Tepin is a sprinter/miler, but she was really impressive and Danzig Moon never did get by her. I don't really expect him to go any faster than 58, so no big deal I suppose.

GenuineRisk 04-22-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajungator26 (Post 1023498)
I aim to please. Miss you guys! :D

Likewise. :) Nice to see your smiling avatar.

Sightseek 04-22-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1023503)
As mentioned above, I responded but must not have posted it last night..

Danzig Moon has bounced out of the work very nicely and has had 2 excellent gallops Monday and Tuesday. He was rank early in that work and Tepin is a very nice filly that the Casse camp expects to be tough in the Distaff Mile next Friday.

There has been a modest amount to consider so far really, but Birdatthewire particularly (and male counterpart Keen Ice as well) have looked very good for Romans.

American Pharoah has been out for controlled, focused exercise each morning. There had been some question as to whether he had tucked up after the AR Derby, but having seen him last in the flesh at Santa Anita 5 weeks ago, I'd say he's at least maintained himself. Will see him up close over the weekend.

Great insights from Welsch this morning on your show. Just watching the videos does not begin to tell half the story without having a frame of reference from someone who has been watching them on a regular basis.

Holybull1 04-23-2015 09:47 AM

Very interesting. Care to share your general thoughts of the Derby horses you watched?

Payson Dave 04-23-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holybull1 (Post 1023654)
Very interesting. Care to share your general thoughts of the Derby horses you watched?

Of the ones that I saw...Carpe Diem and Materiality are very very nice.

Kasept 04-24-2015 04:53 PM

Jeff Seigel on Friday's (4/24) Santa Anita drills.. Will have Firing Line, Dortmund Saturday..

BOLO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36IIdBNQp4

STELLAR WIND: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xrroeBOVko