Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Joe Silverio Simulcast Center (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Saratoga Two a Day (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71362)

Dahoss 07-13-2022 07:57 PM

Saratoga Two a Day

Back for more torture. Fantastic card opening Day and continues through the weekend. I'll probably jinx myself but feeling good about the meet. Same format this year as years past. $2 mythical win/place wager on my "Best Bet" and "Best Longshot."

Day 1
Best Bet: Race 1- #7 Giocare
Noda barn was hot for a good portion of the Belmont meet. This horse ran well here last year and also ran well for Noda in his lone start in the barn late last year. No less than 4 horses need the lead here and I think this is the best closer. Get the meet off to a good start

Longshot: Race 4 #6 Snow's Island
This one had all kinds of trouble in multiple spots last time and a less than enthusiastic ride from Kendrick late against a repeat winner who is bound for stakes. It's worth watching the replay. 3rd off the break, and might get lost in the wagering.

Good luck!

ADJMK 07-14-2022 09:32 AM

Good longshot. If you watch the head-on , he also stumbled in the backstretch and almost went down.

Dahoss 07-14-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADJMK (Post 1166728)
Good longshot. If you watch the head-on , he also stumbled in the backstretch and almost went down.

Yeah that was a wild race. Part of me wonders if the loose horse had all the riders being extra cautious

gamblin4ever 07-14-2022 01:54 PM

Nice call on R4 :$:

ADJMK 07-14-2022 03:20 PM

Hope you had some win money. Of course I bet P3's and for sure didn't include Winter Sun

theguarantee 07-14-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1166717)
This one had all kinds of trouble in multiple spots last time and a less than enthusiastic ride from Kendrick late against a repeat winner who is bound for stakes. It's worth watching the replay. 3rd off the break, and might get lost in the wagering.

Good luck!

Great start, keep it rolling.

Dahoss 07-14-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamblin4ever (Post 1166753)
Nice call on R4 :$:

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADJMK (Post 1166764)
Hope you had some win money. Of course I bet P3's and for sure didn't include Winter Sun

Thanks, was a good day
Quote:

Originally Posted by theguarantee (Post 1166786)
Great start, keep it rolling.

Thanks man

Dahoss 07-14-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1166717)
Back for more torture. Fantastic card opening Day and continues through the weekend. I'll probably jinx myself but feeling good about the meet. Same format this year as years past. $2 mythical win/place wager on my "Best Bet" and "Best Longshot."

Day 1
Best Bet: Race 1- #7 Giocare
Noda barn was hot for a good portion of the Belmont meet. This horse ran well here last year and also ran well for Noda in his lone start in the barn late last year. No less than 4 horses need the lead here and I think this is the best closer. Get the meet off to a good start

Good luck!

Weird race by Giocare. Looked done in the stretch and then finished best of all to get third and galloped out in front. Snows Island got a fantastic ride by Kendrick seizing control at the top of the lane to win and pay $19.40 and $8.90, once again showing how valuable watching replays is.

Meet Totals
$8 Wagered
$28.30 Returned

Dahoss 07-14-2022 09:41 PM

Day 2
Such a tough card with very competitive races.
Best Bet: Race 3- #3 Whistlers Honor
Worth watching the replay of his last also. Was buried in the stretch and didn't get the most enthusiastic ride. I think Abreu is primed for a big meet and this horse should get him started. He has Biondi to run down.

Longshot: Race 6- #4 Danzigwiththestars
Feels like everyone in here could win. I'll take a shot with a horse who has shown an affinity for this course in the past and just missed last time against a few in here. SHould get the pace to run at and will get lost on the board.

jms62 07-15-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1166791)
Weird race by Giocare. Looked done in the stretch and then finished best of all to get third and galloped out in front. Snows Island got a fantastic ride by Kendrick seizing control at the top of the lane to win and pay $19.40 and $8.90, once again showing how valuable watching replays is.

Meet Totals
$8 Wagered
$28.30 Returned

Nice Start

gamblin4ever 07-15-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1166792)
Day 2
Worth watching the replay of his last also. Was buried in the stretch and didn't get the most enthusiastic ride. I think Abreu is primed for a big meet and this horse should get him started. He has Biondi to run down.

Feels like everyone in here could win. I'll take a shot with a horse who has shown an affinity for this course in the past and just missed last time against a few in here. SHould get the pace to run at and will get lost on the board.

Nice hits

jms62 07-15-2022 03:02 PM

Where is KONK? Nice....

seekingthegold 07-15-2022 03:02 PM

thank you dahoss you are saving my butt so far at the spa!

casp0555 07-15-2022 03:12 PM

Quote:

Day 2

nice job Hossy

moses 07-15-2022 03:14 PM

Great job with these.

ADJMK 07-15-2022 11:10 PM

Great job. keep it going

Dahoss 07-16-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamblin4ever (Post 1166832)
Nice hits

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1166833)
Where is KONK? Nice....

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekingthegold (Post 1166834)
thank you dahoss you are saving my butt so far at the spa!

Quote:

Originally Posted by casp0555 (Post 1166838)
nice job Hossy

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1166841)
Great job with these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADJMK (Post 1166865)
Great job. keep it going

Thanks guys! Blind squirrel...

Dahoss 07-16-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Day 2

Whistlers Honor showed that he can run when he's not totally buried the entire stretch and won, paying $7.60 and $4.80. Danzigwiththestars got a perfect inside/out trip by Saez to win, paying $16.20 and $7.90.

Meet totals
$16 wagered
$64.80 returned

Dahoss 07-16-2022 08:52 AM

Day 3
Another skull buster of a card.
Best bet: Race 3- #8 Saratoga Chrome
This one actually won a race here last year but was DQ'd. Switched to the Michelle Nevin barn this year, she broke through the gate first time off the break, before the start, showed some early foot and packed it in. I can excuse that effort. Last time, she was totally eliminated early and actually continued on pretty well, finishing not that far behind a few of these. Is due for some luck and should be a fair price. No real knocks against the Brown favorite but the horse that beat her last time isn't much and she doesn't seem like a horse who wants a battle.

Longshot: Race 9- #4 Analogy
Set the pace two back breaking his maiden, beating a repeat winner and found himself last early last time. He absolutely flew home the last 3/16th's to just miss and IMO ran much better than Credit Event who will be half the price. This is a tough race, but I feel like this one has some upside still. Is drawn well inside and if finds a trip can be right there.

Dahoss 07-17-2022 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1166881)
Day 3
Another skull buster of a card.
Best bet: Race 3- #8 Saratoga Chrome
This one actually won a race here last year but was DQ'd. Switched to the Michelle Nevin barn this year, she broke through the gate first time off the break, before the start, showed some early foot and packed it in. I can excuse that effort. Last time, she was totally eliminated early and actually continued on pretty well, finishing not that far behind a few of these. Is due for some luck and should be a fair price. No real knocks against the Brown favorite but the horse that beat her last time isn't much and she doesn't seem like a horse who wants a battle.

Longshot: Race 9- #4 Analogy
Set the pace two back breaking his maiden, beating a repeat winner and found himself last early last time. He absolutely flew home the last 3/16th's to just miss and IMO ran much better than Credit Event who will be half the price. This is a tough race, but I feel like this one has some upside still. Is drawn well inside and if finds a trip can be right there.

Saratoga Chrome was very flat and never got involved. Analogy made a little run but was ultimately a non factor and the blinkers back off brought out the best of Credit Event. First of many humbling moments for the meet I'm sure.

Meet totals
$24 wagered
$64.80 returned