Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Paddock (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $100,000 Kentucky Dream Bet (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46382)

HaloWishingwell 04-19-2012 03:43 PM

$100,000 Kentucky Dream Bet

Anyone sees it as a problem that a former horse owner won the contest?

Indian Charlie 04-19-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaloWishingwell (Post 853916)
Anyone sees it as a problem that a former horse owner won the contest?

Only if it was DrugS.

3kings 04-19-2012 04:30 PM

No.

pointman 04-19-2012 04:31 PM

Why would it be a problem?

HaloWishingwell 04-19-2012 04:47 PM

I brought the topic up since I saw on their websites alot of calls of fixing

jms62 04-19-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaloWishingwell (Post 853940)
I brought the topic up since I saw on their websites alot of calls of fixing

The anonymous nature of the Internet just brings out the best in man kind. :rolleyes:

Storm Cadet 04-19-2012 07:40 PM

I personally know the winner of the contest. He and I have been owners in the same horses in the mid 2000's for a few years. (Diligent Gambler and Fighting Speedy to name a few).

He is and has been a credit to all the horse owners in the partnership company bringing in many new owners into the sport and educating them on morning strolls on the backstretch both at Belmont and Saratoga.

As a Handicapper, he is also astute and has done very well in our sport educating, like Steve, the many new fans he comes across in the local NY area. He has done very well locally in the various handicapping contests and might have already secured a seat in the national contest.

I'm hoping he wins the CNBC...he deserves it after all the good he has done throughout the years.

I see no conflict at all in him in the contest! Go get them Joel......:$:

Sightseek 04-19-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Cadet (Post 853968)
I personally know the winner of the contest. He and I have been owners in the same horses in the mid 2000's for a few years. (Diligent Gambler and Fighting Speedy to name a few).

He is and has been a credit to all the horse owners in the partnership company bringing in many new owners into the sport and educating them on morning strolls on the backstretch both at Belmont and Saratoga.

As a Handicapper, he is also astute and has done very well in our sport educating, like Steve, the many new fans he comes across in the local NY area. He has done very well locally in the various handicapping contests and might have already secured a seat in the national contest.

I'm hoping he wins the CNBC...he deserves it after all the good he has done throughout the years.

I see no conflict at all in him in the contest! Go get them Joel......:$:

Do you know where he is now? I always liked him!

Calzone Lord 04-19-2012 08:08 PM

Diligent Gambler was a pretty cool horse.

Generally, if you win this contest -- the thing to do is bet the favorite with the contest money and play against him at Betfair to work a big fat profit either way.

Danzig 04-19-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointman (Post 853934)
Why would it be a problem?

that's what i was thinking.