Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stakes Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   4/13 (OP): AR Derby (G1), Oaklawn H. (G2), Count Fleet (G3), N. Spur (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50437)

Kasept 04-10-2013 01:43 PM

4/13 (OP): AR Derby (G1), Oaklawn H. (G2), Count Fleet (G3), N. Spur

7th (3:38) Northern Spur S.

1 Mile | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $100,000

1 Malibu High Borel C H 115 L
2 Red Wings Stevens G L 115 L
3 Bemata Santana R Jr 115 L
4 Western Sadler Bejarano R 115 L
5 Get Happy Mister Corbett G W 119 L
6 Looking Cool Hernandez B J Jr 117 L
7 Holiday Mischief Quinonez L S 115 L
8 Stratocruiser Albarado R J 117 L
9 Balance of Power Garcia M 115 L
10 Upright Stuff Thompson T J 115 L

8th (4:14) Oaklawn H. (G2)

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $500,000

1 Cyber Secret Albarado R J 115 L
2 Unstoppable U Lebron V 112 L
3 Sabercat Santana R Jr 112 L
4 Atigun Bejarano R 114 Blk-On L
5 Alternation Quinonez L S 117 L
6 Golden Ron Vazquez R A 110 L
7 Taptowne Borel C H 112 L
8 Win Willy Berry M C 113 L
9 Fort Larned Hernandez B J Jr 123 L
10 Optimizer Stevens G L 113 L

9th (4:50) Count Fleet H. (G3)

6 Furlongs | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $250,000

1 Gentlemen's Bet Albarado R J 114 L
2 Apprehender Birzer A E 116 L
3 Justin Phillip Santana R Jr 119 L
4 Laurie's Rocket Stevens G L 117 L
5 Flashpoint Quinonez L S 117 L
6 Amanecer de Oro Garcia M 112 L
7 Picko's Pride Lebron V 113 L
8 Outta Tune Thompson T J 114 L

10th (5:28) Arkansas Derby (G1)

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $1,000,000

1. Carve (KY), R Santana Jr., 118, S M Asmussen, 20/1
2. War Academy (KY), M E Smith, 118, B Baffert, 2/1
3. Divine Ambition (KY), J Graham, 118, D Miller, 20/1
4. Falling Sky (PA), M Garcia, 122, J P Terranova II, 10/1
5. Den's Legacy (FL), R Albarado, 122, B Baffert, 6/1
6. Heaven's Runway (KY), I Ocampo, 122, J R Martin, 30/1
7. Texas Bling (TX), C H Borel, 122, D Durham, 20/1
8. Frac Daddy (KY), V Lebron, 118, K G McPeek, 15/1
9. Overanalyze (KY), R Bejarano, 122, T A Pletcher, 4/1
10. Oxbow (KY), G L Stevens, 122, D W Lukas, 5/2

my miss storm cat 04-10-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 923020)
10th (5:28) Arkansas Derby (G1)
L
4 Falling Sky Garcia M 122

:tro:

Fun field for the Oaklawn.

Danzig 04-10-2013 03:33 PM

looking forward to fort larned. will be a good day for racing, with wise dan coming back too. (altho i was looking for something good from data link, but....that might be mushed now).
doesn't seem to be as much hype about this years ark derby as there's been in years past.

tanner12oz 04-13-2013 10:02 AM

others get a serious weight break vs fort larned

Alabama Stakes 04-13-2013 10:05 AM

they'll need more than a weight break. (which means so little)

dino 04-13-2013 12:25 PM

I have been listening to all the handicapping shows and NOBODY has picked War Academy. Some don't even list him to hit the board. To me he's an easy winner and people seem to be mad that he was made the 2 -1 morning favorite without deserving to be. But as Jon White has explained the morning line is what he thinks the betters will bet the horse. That means a buzz horse at Oaklawn trained by Baffert will probably be the favorite even though he doesn't deserve to be.

RockHardTen1985 04-13-2013 04:29 PM

Fort Larned was terrible. Hope he is OK.

dino 04-16-2013 01:29 PM

Not sure why some public handicappers are bragging about how they told you that War Academy had no chance. About all the bozo's that were high on him. I guess they knew that he was going to be pulled up. Amazing.
After listening to a popular handicapper bash him yesterday I can't wait until he runs again. Hopefully in the Preakness. When this guy puts down a horse on his show I usually step up on the horse because lets just say it's a tell to me.

blackthroatedwind 04-16-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 923896)
Not sure why some public handicappers are bragging about how they told you that War Academy had no chance. About all the bozo's that were high on him. I guess they knew that he was going to be pulled up. Amazing.
After listening to a popular handicapper bash him yesterday I can't wait until he runs again. Hopefully in the Preakness. When this guy puts down a horse on his show I usually step up on the horse because lets just say it's a tell to me.

You didn't get much right here.

In fact, I don't think you got anything right.

Why don't you listen to today's show again. You can also go to nyra.com and listen to what I said about him before the race. I don't brag about opinions after races. I'm pretty clear that I am wrong a lot. I also was clear today that his being pulled up mitigated opinions. The whole point was that he was way overbet and that a lot of people had jumped on his bandwagon for no solid reason. I don't think that is disputable. It should also be noted that it was Steve that brought this conversation up...not me. Please find the one instant where I have initiated any discussion on his show which offered the opportunity for me to blow my own horn.

Yeah, all the horses I knock win. All of them....except the many of them that don't. There were two back to back last week, at 2:5 and 1:2, that failed to hit the board. I'll take my chances that over time my negative opinion on heavy favorites beats the odds even less takeout.

It's easy to be a hater. Go right ahead. I just thank you for listening.

freddymo 04-16-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

I tell you what anytime you want to make a wager on any horse BTW knocks PM me and I will book your action at 15% above closing odds up to 5000, consider it your lucky day.

Calzone Lord 04-16-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Textbook case of ankle biting.

Calzone Lord 04-16-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddymo (Post 923900)
I tell you what anytime you want to make a wager on any horse BTW knocks PM me and I will book your action at 15% above closing odds up to 5000, consider it your lucky day.

Your money is safe, but you might want to invest in some shin guards.

NTamm1215 04-16-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

If you really bet War Academy on Saturday at that atrocious price, do us all a favor and continue to wager regularly.

Danzig 04-16-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTamm1215 (Post 923908)
If you really bet War Academy on Saturday at that atrocious price, do us all a favor and continue to wager regularly.

:tro:

ateamstupid 04-16-2013 05:08 PM

I was impressed with the race Frac Daddy ran.

blackthroatedwind 04-16-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 923920)
I was impressed with the race Frac Daddy ran.

I have to admit, I was wrong in my previous opinion that he would never get out of his NW1X condition. While not likely, at least now it seems possible.

Danzig 04-16-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

two posts above this gem you posted:

I have been listening to all the handicapping shows and NOBODY has picked War Academy. Some don't even list him to hit the board. To me he's an easy winner and people seem to be mad that he was made the 2 -1 morning favorite without deserving to be. But as Jon White has explained the morning line is what he thinks the betters will bet the horse. That means a buzz horse at Oaklawn trained by Baffert will probably be the favorite even though he doesn't deserve to be.

so, he didn't do well, and you're taking issue with them because they didn't pick him, and he didn't win... they were right, you were wrong, and you're calling them out?