Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   "At the Races with Steve Byk" (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   11/16 ATR: Pletcher, Ty Servis, Serling, Dr. Allday, Pessin, Schultz (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70382)

Kasept 11-16-2021 02:21 PM

11/16 ATR: Pletcher, Ty Servis, Serling, Dr. Allday, Pessin, Schultz

Tuesday @Form2Win ATR = Todd Pletcher, NYRA's Andy Serling, Tyler Servis, LubriSyn HA Family of Products Horse Health Today with Steven Allday, Lindsay Schultz, Neil Pessin. SXM 6-9a Wednesday; Archive+ stevebyk.com.

Dahoss 11-16-2021 03:08 PM

Did Pessin mention why they skipped the Breeders Cup? As it played out, they were probably 2nd at worst.

blackthroatedwind 11-16-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1159446)
Did Pessin mention why they skipped the Breeders Cup? As it played out, they were probably 2nd at worst.

While I agree they should clearly have gone, and that was obvious before the race ( which I know you know ), I do kind of like someone skipping a BC race that ends up a short field. The BC has caused that to happen to way too many once major races.

Kasept 11-16-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1159446)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind (Post 1159447)
While I agree they should clearly have gone, and that was obvious before the race ( which I know you know ), I do kind of like someone skipping a BC race that ends up a short field. The BC has caused that to happen to way too many once major races.

As Pessin has discussed, the filly is not a good shipper and the situation with Tex Sutton/FedEx figured in to the decision. Since she will stay in training next year, they didn’t feel obligated to send her out to California.

blackthroatedwind 11-16-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1159449)
As Pessin has discussed, the filly is not a good shipper and the situation with Tex Sutton/FedEx figured in to the decision. Since she will stay in training next year, they didn’t feel obligated to send her out to California.

Her travel is paid for by BC I believe for winning a WAYI so I don't get how the difficulty finding a flight comes into play. She also shipped to Saratoga and won.
Why was that not a problem and going to Del Mar would have been?

Whatever, it's his horse.

Kasept 11-16-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind (Post 1159450)
Her travel is paid for by BC I believe for winning a WAYI so I don't get how the difficulty finding a flight comes into play. She also shipped to Saratoga and won.
Why was that not a problem and going to Del Mar would have been?

Whatever, it's his horse.

Finding a flight not the issue (entirely). With Tex Sutton grounded, horses have been forced to fly FedEx in box stalls without their grooms. She's an edgy horse and Pessin didn't want her traveling that way. She was vanned to Saratoga, not flown.