Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vote Or Don't Complain (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6617)

2MinsToPost 11-06-2006 07:42 PM

Vote Or Don't Complain

nuff said, I am done venting and ranting

SniperSB23 11-06-2006 07:45 PM

I vote for Don't Complain

BellamyRd. 11-06-2006 07:46 PM

I'm not sure where to go vote
there a website that directs you?

2MinsToPost 11-06-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperSB23
I vote for Don't Complain

I hate people who biatch and complain but don't vote cause it don't make no difference in their mind.

Getofyur rump and vote, but please don't vote blind, believe in what you are saying with your vote. You don't have to vote on every issue and race.

paisjpq 11-06-2006 07:56 PM

i vote but here's my rant...I live in the town of essex, there is also a village of essex...tomorrow we vote on wether or not to merge the two...sounds simple. For those who live in the village the merger will lower their property taxes, for those who live in the town the taxes will go up with the merger. BUT here's the thing...those who live in the village also technically live in the town so they get to vote TWICE. Meaning that my vote will likely not matter since it will be overridden by the double votes from people in the village. It was all explained in a recent article in the paper about why this is legal but it still makes me angry.

timmgirvan 11-06-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisjpq
i vote but here's my rant...I live in the town of essex, there is also a village of essex...tomorrow we vote on wether or not to merge the two...sounds simple. For those who live in the village the merger will lower their property taxes, for those who live in the town the taxes will go up with the merger. BUT here's the thing...those who live in the village also technically live in the town so they get to vote TWICE. Meaning that my vote will likely not matter since it will be overridden by the double votes from people in the village. It was all explained in a recent article in the paper about why this is legal but it still makes me angry.

Wow...I've never heard of such a thing! Sorry,Kiddo!

Crown@club 11-07-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
I hate people who biatch and complain but don't vote cause it don't make no difference in their mind.

Getofyur rump and vote, but please don't vote blind, believe in what you are saying with your vote. You don't have to vote on every issue and race.

What if I have to choose between a dumba$$ who signed off on a bad highway proposal that caused business at a major intersection to decline. It also brought the decline of property value of a relatively new subdivision.

Or do I vote for a young poindexter, who wants to stink up the joint, and force me to use County based Contractors, who are still tied up on repairing damages from last year's tornado.

What if I just abstain and biatch for the next 2 years and hope for a better candidate then.

Revolution 11-07-2006 10:11 AM

I voted for Spitzer and against Hillary and even if I didn't vote I would still have the right to complain.

Voting 1 day every year or two years or for some people every 4 years doesn't give you a right to complain.

You can do a ton more to change things than just voting. It is America, you have a right to complain as much as you want.

Coach Pants 11-07-2006 10:31 AM

Let's get out and vote!
Let's make our voices heard!
We've been given the right to choose
Between a douche and a turd
It's democracy in action,
Put your freedom to the test,
A big fat turd or a stupid douche,
Which do you like best?

Crown@club 11-07-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Let's get out and vote!
Let's make our voices heard!
We've been given the right to choose
Between a douche and a turd
It's democracy in action,
Put your freedom to the test,
A big fat turd or a stupid douche,
Which do you like best?

Exactly how I feel about the race for the house in my district also.