Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NHL Playoffs (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53682)

herkhorse 04-16-2014 07:49 PM

NHL Playoffs

It's time.

2 good games going already. Let the quest begin.

GBBob 04-17-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkhorse (Post 973528)
It's time.

2 good games going already. Let the quest begin.

You know it...Brutal West battles in the first round. Should be great hockey

rpncaine 04-17-2014 07:19 AM

I'm ready! Go Wings!

Too bad CBJ couldn't knock of the evil Pen's last night.

Rudeboyelvis 04-17-2014 07:36 AM

Tampa is in deep sh1t if they don't get Bishop back in goal. And they need to controll their blue line and shoot more. So we just need better goaltending, defense, and offense. No problem. :eek:

MaTH716 04-17-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 973546)
Tampa is in deep sh1t if they don't get Bishop back in goal. And they need to controll their blue line and shoot more. So we just need better goaltending, defense, and offense. No problem. :eek:

:tro:
Lindback is atrocious. It's literally a heart attack moment everytime the puck gets remotely close to the net. Big win for the Habs last night.

GPK 04-17-2014 08:54 AM

Wake me up in 3 months...

When the semifinals begin. :rolleyes:

GBBob 04-17-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK (Post 973556)
Wake me up in 3 months...

When the semifinals begin. :rolleyes:

Sigh..do I really need to revisit my RHT NHL rant from LY and whoop your azz with it?

GPK 04-17-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 973564)
Sigh..do I really need to revisit my RHT NHL rant from LY and whoop your azz with it?

You wouldn't harm a midget, would you?

I like hockey. Not too terribly knowledgeable about it, but I enjoy it.

Clip-Clop 04-18-2014 12:47 PM

I am a Ranger fan and always will be. But living here in Denver for this year's Avs squad has me fired up for the playoffs. That game last night was just what is needed to kickoff the best (and longest) tournament in all of sport!

Danzig 04-18-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 973542)
You know it...Brutal West battles in the first round. Should be great hockey

I wish the blues and hawks werent playing each other...

And please let the wild beat the avs! And for gods sake, please columbus beat those pens

Clip-Clop 04-18-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 973811)
I wish the blues and hawks werent playing each other...

And please let the wild beat the avs! And for gods sake, please columbus beat those pens

How can you hate these Avs? They are what hockey is all about. Bunch of kids for cryin out loud.

Danzig 04-18-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clip-Clop (Post 973827)
How can you hate these Avs? They are what hockey is all about. Bunch of kids for cryin out loud.

I dont hate them. That feeling is reserved for the penguins....

But im not a fan of theirs, i thought patrick roy acted a fool early on, and i dont care for the goalie.
Id prefer chi, st louis, or anaheim over them....la kings too

golfer 04-20-2014 05:09 AM

That Seabrook hit on Backes was one of the most vicious I've EVER seen. Puck wasn't there, Backes did seem to see him coming at the last second, but nothing he could do to protect himself. Although it was a shoulder hit, and Seabrook has no priors, I expect he won't play again, at least in this series.

-BT- 04-20-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfer (Post 974209)
That Seabrook hit on Backes was one of the most vicious I've EVER seen. Puck wasn't there, Backes did seem to see him coming at the last second, but nothing he could do to protect himself. Although it was a shoulder hit, and Seabrook has no priors, I expect he won't play again, at least in this series.

1st time offender, this country, i mean this league won't throw the book at him. A game, 2 MAX. Either way, it's a huge blow, both games the Hawks fail to hold the lead, and finish them off, nobody to blame but themselves for both games.
They're really going to have to tilt the ice at home, i mean dominate in order to get some confidence back after those 2 OT losses.

How about the AVS? i can't tell if they're for real or minny is just not there yet.
and i don't know what's happening with the rest of the west b/c i don't think hockey should be played in the state of California, brah!!!

-bt-

golfer 04-20-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 974259)
1st time offender, this country, i mean this league won't throw the book at him. A game, 2 MAX. Either way, it's a huge blow, both games the Hawks fail to hold the lead, and finish them off, nobody to blame but themselves for both games.
They're really going to have to tilt the ice at home, i mean dominate in order to get some confidence back after those 2 OT losses.

How about the AVS? i can't tell if they're for real or minny is just not there yet.
and i don't know what's happening with the rest of the west b/c i don't think hockey should be played in the state of California, brah!!!

-bt-

They play hockey in California?

It's a Phone Hearing from what I just heard, so that puts a limit on the possible suspension. Seabrook said he didn't mean to hurt Backes, and I believe him, but that doesn't change what I saw.

Danzig 04-20-2014 12:37 PM

Yep, phone hearing so that typically indicates only 1 or 2 games. Hate it for backes. A bit surprised that stl is up 2 0.

I am in the odd position of pulling for the rangers this series....not a fan but would rather see them advance then philly.

I think minn isnt there yet, tampa either.

Edit...just got an alert, 3 games

declansharbor 04-20-2014 08:30 PM

Flyers w/ the big split.

Let's go boys! Knock the white off their jerseys in games 3 & 4!

brianwspencer 04-20-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clip-Clop (Post 973790)
I am a Ranger fan and always will be. But living here in Denver for this year's Avs squad has me fired up for the playoffs. That game last night was just what is needed to kickoff the best (and longest) tournament in all of sport!

No idea what the next few weeks will bring, but have been waiting for quite some time for a team with what looks like a real chance to get somewhere in the postseason.

Haven't been this excited about a team in a decade at least.

-BT- 04-20-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfer (Post 974263)
They play hockey in California?

It's a Phone Hearing from what I just heard, so that puts a limit on the possible suspension. Seabrook said he didn't mean to hurt Backes, and I believe him, but that doesn't change what I saw.

3 games....... that's a lot

i have to think backes is going to be out for a while, and that factored in, for a first time abuser like Searbooke

-bt-

Danzig 04-21-2014 09:17 AM

what is going on with the kings?