Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Triple Crown Topics/Archive.. (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Borel off to the white house (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12960)

Byebyemermaid 05-07-2007 04:16 PM

Borel off to the white house

Calvin Borel was invited to attend the state dinner tonight that the president is throwing for the queen.It is white tie and tails.My only question is do you think what's on the menu will be to Calvins liking.As of right now i hear he's going.

Slewbopper 05-07-2007 04:29 PM

I am sure that Calvin and the Chimp in Charge have much more in common with each other than they do with Liz.

sumitas 05-07-2007 04:45 PM

Horse racing is deserving of the dignity and vast publicity that Queen Elizabeth has blessed us with this year. Calvin Borel richly deserves this honor.

Skip away 05-07-2007 04:48 PM

the other jockeys who left the rail open for him should be the ones going to the whitehouse for dinner.

hoovesupsideyourhead 05-07-2007 05:04 PM

good for him...he can ride the fence at the white house too..its the office not the man in charge that makes this so cool........

Coach Pants 05-07-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip away
the other jockeys who left the rail open for him should be the ones going to the whitehouse for dinner.

Translation:

byalip 05-07-2007 05:10 PM

Who said horse racing gets no respect.

I've had the privilege to be on hand for an official state visit and it is AWESOME! Good for Calvin, good for the sport.

Did you all know that The Chimp in Charge is afraid of horsies? True.

Coach Pants 05-07-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byalip
Who said horse racing gets no respect.

I've had the privilege to be on hand for an official state visit and it is AWESOME! Good for Calvin, good for the sport.

Did you all know that The Chimp in Charge is afraid of horsies? True.

No way. You're telling me a chicken hawk is scared of horses??

byalip 05-07-2007 05:14 PM

I swear to God. I saw both know a reporter who covers him and saw footage of him being spooked by a curious horse while standing next to a fence. I SWEAR he said, "What the hell was that!!!" when a horse nuzzled him. He jumped back around 5 feet and really looked shaken.

For all the time he kicks back in Texas...have you EVER seen him on a horse at his ranch?

Danzig 05-07-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byalip
I swear to God. I saw both know a reporter who covers him and saw footage of him being spooked by a curious horse while standing next to a fence. I SWEAR he said, "What the hell was that!!!" when a horse nuzzled him. He jumped back around 5 feet and really looked shaken.

For all the time he kicks back in Texas...have you EVER seen him on a horse at his ranch?

maybe it's a raisin ranch...

Skip away 05-07-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Translation:

You know it all dont you? I reckon you would never reply something so wise-assish to some of the others on here, like the top dawgs.

milliam 05-07-2007 06:10 PM

Bush challenged him to a game of scrabbel.

Skip away 05-08-2007 08:05 AM

Ya I am the only person who thinks the others moved out of the way for him, check out the thread entitled jockeys move out of the way for Borel. I guess it depends on who you are that states his/her opinions for them to matter.

GenuineRisk 05-08-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slewbopper
I am sure that Calvin and the Chimp in Charge have much more in common with each other than they do with Liz.

Well, one thing's certain- only one of the three ever had to work for a living. ;)

Bigsmc 05-08-2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Ya I am the only person who thinks the others moved out of the way for him, check out the thread entitled jockeys move out of the way for Borel. I guess it depends on who you are that states his/her opinions for them to matter.

Holy shiat!

If you really think the others purposely moved out of the way for him, you need to stop gambling...now...and pick up another hobby to occupy your time.

To answer your previous statement from a different post, Pillow does not discriminate with his photos.

SentToStud 05-08-2007 09:24 AM

Yeah, they moved out of the way. What were they supposed to do? If you were riding the race would you have figured Sedgefield was going to carry his run as far as he did? It's 100 x more likely that riders wanted no part of tripping behind Sedgefield than it is they heard/saw Street Sense coming.

ARyan 05-08-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Bitter....party of one...Bitter...your table is ready...

ARyan 05-08-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Hey Skip Away...

Please watch this, it might help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcrF346sS_I

Regards,

The Real World

Coach Pants 05-08-2007 09:45 AM

Quote: