Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   "At the Races with Steve Byk" (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PROGRAMMING NOTE: 'New' 9a-12n ATR set for 6/28 bow (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36507)

Kasept 06-07-2010 02:48 PM

PROGRAMMING NOTE: 'New' 9a-12n ATR set for 6/28 bow

No SiriusXM (Internet only) for a few days after working out a new contract earlier today... The 2009-10 contract expired over the weekend and show cannot air until the new one is signed later this week.

As part of the discussions, SiriusXM requested the show move to mornings (9am-12noon Eastern; 6am-9am Pacific) to better accomodate their scheduling needs. There are some executional elements to work out yet, and I am not averse to the shift. In fact, previous days' replays will run from 6-9a before the new 9a-12n live show, providing 6 straight distinct hours of ATR daily.

Saratoga broadcasts will likely run 3-6p daily, though that isn't finalized yet...

ATR LISTEN LIVE

Today... BILL MOTT... MIKE SMITH... STEVE HASKIN... JOHNNY D... ERIC GUILLOT... More!

Coach Pants 06-07-2010 02:52 PM

:mad:

TouchOfGrey 06-07-2010 02:52 PM

Well this sucks for me. Can't stream at work. :(

trackrat59 06-07-2010 02:55 PM

:eek:

OldDog 06-07-2010 03:12 PM

My commute just got a LOT lousier. I won't be able to hear ATR live any more. :(

I should have known -- anything GOOD on XM eventually gets screwed up. They never answer my politely-worded emails, and calling them gets me directly in contact with India. This will finally give me the best excuse for canceling it.

joeydb 06-07-2010 03:14 PM

Wow, no more live races I guess then in the morning. What am I going to listen to on the way home, not "Busted Open"! :(

Arletta 06-07-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldDog (Post 655042)
My commute just got a LOT lousier. I won't be able to hear ATR live any more. :(

I should have known -- anything GOOD on XM eventually gets screwed up. They never answer my politely-worded emails, and calling them gets me directly in contact with India. This will finally give me the best excuse for canceling it.

Better plan on being on hold for an hour.. I just canceled mine AGAIN for the 2nd time (morons!) Saturday.. They tried to charge my card again after I canceled it back in September....Good luck trying to understand the person on the other end too :wf

SuffolkGirl 06-07-2010 03:21 PM

Grrr. No more live races. I guess the good news is we can get Steve's handicapping views the day of. Of course, I imagine it will be tough to get any west coast perspective for that day's racing.

ddthetide 06-07-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchOfGrey (Post 655035)
Well this sucks for me. Can't stream at work. :(

sucks for me too but par for the course after the last couple weeks.:(
our sirius subscription for the house is due in a week or so. we'll probably cancel too.

Echo Farm 06-07-2010 03:25 PM

I'll be cancelling my Sirius at the end of the term. My unit is only 1˝ years old, but it's (programming) not that good anymore.

now I have to fix the sound on my laptop, too.

The big question: Boortz or Byk?

joeydb 06-07-2010 03:25 PM

I guarantee that they are handing the afternoons over to the Busted Open people and all that fight nonsense.

Duvalier 06-07-2010 03:48 PM

I hope Hammer still finds time to do the show with the new time slot...always has great insight on west coast racing.

deltagulf 06-07-2010 04:50 PM

dam sorry to hear i liked hearing the live race calls and the west coast side also. but then again its horse racing so take back seat to the wrestling and fighting nonsense.:eek:

pweizer 06-07-2010 05:06 PM

A real shame. Live broadcast while most are at work will certainly not increase listeners. Good thing we have archives.

Paul

SilverRP 06-07-2010 05:16 PM

This really blows. I really enjoyed listening in the afternoons. Fighting is now trumping horse racing?? Really??

SkinnyKid 06-07-2010 05:19 PM

live race calls is a bummer....but I am just happy to have a show to listen to .I will be glad to have Steve at any hour.

trackrat59 06-07-2010 05:48 PM

What happens to ratings if we’re all listening to archives? How does that work? I want to be supportive of Steve and his show but there’s no way I can listen live any longer. Even if I could stream at work, a show about horse racing and betting? OY!:zz:

joeydb 06-07-2010 07:30 PM

I'll be listening if I get the stream working in work, but that's the only way I'll be able to listen. Yes, I will also use the archives as I have in the past.

Steve, I will do my best to support you no matter how the schedule and deal pan out. You're the best!

mclem0822 06-07-2010 07:36 PM

Wow!!!!!

I have to say i am torn here about the time change. Monday and Tues., I depend on ATR to get me thru the last 3 hours of my 12 hour days, so this sux there! On the other hand, Wed., and Thurs., i get off work before the show starts. So with this move at least i would get to here the show each morning, so that part is good. No more live racing is another bad part i totally agree with everyone there. Steve, I am not sure overall this move is best for the show in terms of ratings. However, if the Sirius people are telling you take it or leave it, then i guess it's the only thing to do. I know i speak for alot of folks on here, and out in the listening audience when i say we do NOT wanna lose ATR!

arizonadave 06-07-2010 07:42 PM

This really is a bad decision, but thats business now a days.Customer comes last too many times and we really see it when it comes to horse racing. Also many guys enjoy Howard Stern on siriusXM and thats the time he is on. Hope it works out, but not hearing live races and the west coast is kinda shut out makes it hard to swallow. Good Luck