Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Time for Roger Goodell to Resign (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55114)

Pants II 09-08-2014 09:11 AM

Time for Roger Goodell to Resign

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-ri...g-punch-video/

Effective immediately.

If a guy can be forced to sell his team for mere words spoken...then this horrendous decision to only ban this piece of **** two games should be enough for him to get voted out as commissioner.

This is absolutely indefensible. Period.

horseofcourse 09-08-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants II (Post 997535)
http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-ri...g-punch-video/

Effective immediately.

If a guy can be forced to sell his team for mere words spoken...then this horrendous decision to only ban this piece of **** two games should be enough for him to get voted out as commissioner.

This is absolutely indefensible. Period.

As long as he stays brutally tough on weed it's all good. I'm pretty certain what I inhaled second hand on the school bus in 1980 was way more than what Josh Gordon got 16 games for!

casp0555 09-08-2014 11:19 AM

When does society draw the line on felony assault, screw the suspension, this dirtbag should be in jail

Danzig 09-08-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casp0555 (Post 997548)
When does society draw the line on felony assault, screw the suspension, this dirtbag should be in jail

i saw the video this morning, and they said the nfl also saw this one, before giving out the paltry two game suspension.
simply unreal. and it's outrageous that a guy got a year suspension over pot, and this guy gets two lousy games. hello, in some places marijuana is legal, and in many others it's a misdemeanor. the nfl really needs to rethink this garbage.
but hey, everyone knows if you have talent for the field, you can pretty much do anything and still play.

NTamm1215 09-08-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 997553)
i saw the video this morning, and they said the nfl also saw this one, before giving out the paltry two game suspension.
simply unreal. and it's outrageous that a guy got a year suspension over pot, and this guy gets two lousy games. hello, in some places marijuana is legal, and in many others it's a misdemeanor. the nfl really needs to rethink this garbage.
but hey, everyone knows if you have talent for the field, you can pretty much do anything and still play.

It has actually been repeatedly said by the NFL that they did NOT see this particular video before his suspension was handed out. That, of course, is actually worse than them seeing it beforehand.

Rudeboyelvis 09-08-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

You must have missed his "talent" all of last year just like the Ravens did.

Rudeboyelvis 09-08-2014 12:04 PM

He is not playing a down of football this year for anyone and is likely finished completely, regardless of what his suspension is/was.

jms62 09-08-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 997561)
He is not playing a down of football this year for anyone and is likely finished completely, regardless of what his suspension is/was.

You have inside info on this?

Crown@club 09-08-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Rumors going around that the Ravens are looking to release Rice. I presume they are trying to do this w/o paying.

As regards to Gordon, he's a repeat offender, 3rd time offense in the program. Now saying that his second offense was codeine which was claimed from cough syrup.

horseofcourse 09-08-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown@club (Post 997563)
As regards to Gordon, he's a repeat offender, 3rd time offense in the program. Now saying that his second offense was codeine which was claimed from cough syrup.

I know...the rules are what they are and he broke them. Don't know if the guy has other problems besides the weed, but in comparison to Rice, it seems pretty insignificant.

declansharbor 09-08-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Rumors going around that the Ravens are looking to release Rice. I presume they are trying to do this w/o paying.

:tro:

Something the majority of people who comment on this subject fail to see.

They should not only give Rice the boot, for good, but fire some other big wigs as well for levying down a suspension w/o seeing this video beforehand.

Danzig 09-08-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTamm1215 (Post 997558)
It has actually been repeatedly said by the NFL that they did NOT see this particular video before his suspension was handed out. That, of course, is actually worse than them seeing it beforehand.

that's not what i read. the articles i saw said they DID see it before giving the suspension.

edit-now i see the nfl is disavowing having seen the video beforehand...

Danzig 09-08-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

my comment stands, in that they are kicking a guy for a year for something that barely warrants a ticket these days.
meanwhile, a deep pocketed owner commits felony dui, and gets 6 games. felony assault, two games.

Rudeboyelvis 09-08-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 997562)
You have inside info on this?

The Ravens just terminated his contract per @Ravens twitter account.

Rudeboyelvis 09-08-2014 01:28 PM

Now the Governing Body of the NFL needs to terminate Goodell's employment. Immediately. The fact that TMZ got this before the NFL did, just proves further how incompetent and unfit he is for the position. Like we needed further evidence or something.

Pants II 09-08-2014 01:36 PM

The silence from former players is absolutely DEAFENING.

Can't support a league like this.

Pants II 09-08-2014 01:41 PM

The Ravens had no choice.

This is a public relations nightmare. Heads have to roll.

You would think the experience with OJ would make the league hip on domestic violence issues.

You can only sweep it under the rug for so long.

MaTH716 09-08-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants II (Post 997581)
The Ravens had no choice.

This is a public relations nightmare. Heads have to roll.

You would think the experience with OJ would make the league hip on domestic violence issues.

You can only sweep it under the rug for so long.

Sure, how could the league hawk all those pink jersey's and hats for the entire month of October with a clear conscious, while only giving Rice 2 games for that despicable act.

Danzig 09-08-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 997577)
Now the Governing Body of the NFL needs to terminate Goodell's employment. Immediately. The fact that TMZ got this before the NFL did, just proves further how incompetent and unfit he is for the position. Like we needed further evidence or something.

agree.

saw that rice has been suspended indefinitely. i'd imagine he'll reach out to whoever put together roethlisburgers comments and mea culpas, and write something similar for rice.
a guy is back with dallas after killing a teammate in a dui wreck.
vick came back.
incognito is back. i figure if rice does enough grovelling, he'd eventually be allowed back in.

i don't suppose that stephen a. smith will repeat any of his comments from a few weeks back...

Pants II 09-08-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 997584)

i don't suppose that stephen a. smith will repeat any of his comments from a few weeks back...

Nah he's playing the typical hypocrite by sharing his thoughts on the Hawks owner.