Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dee Tee Stables (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Link to ChuckBlog! (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10124)

Buffymommy 02-22-2007 07:57 AM

I still say Sumone has a very nice booty! She really is a nice looking filly. She looks like a big girl.

Thanks for filling us in. I will read the blog in a bit. Gotta finish something at work. Boss actually wants me to do work... :mad:

jman5581 02-22-2007 10:40 AM

Oh, THAT'S the self-confident girl I saw at Turfway :-)

Thanks Chuck, great pics! :-)

(They got a smaller handler .... <g>)

jman5581 02-22-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goingtothewhip
Absolutely beautiful horse....and if that convinced stare is any indication, she knows it.

Either that or she is quietly judging us.

Paraphrasing something one of the partners said, she's trying to figure out how to carry all of us over the finish line <g>

DT Handicapping Challenge: win enough to get in on the horse <g>

Danzig 02-22-2007 12:49 PM

i went to stallion register dot com earlier to show her sire to my secretary. and there's our girl, listed as one of his top performers. maybe she can move up the list!

Cannon Shell 02-22-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSpyder
I hope Chuck trains better than he spells. He spelled our horses name wrong on the Blog. I did the same thing when posting earlier. That's a tough one to remember correctly.

Would make a great word for the childrens spelling contests! Tommy, spell Sumwonlovesyou...

Ahhh, S - O BUZZZZZZZZZZZ wrong!

Spyder

You know they do have the PM feature to avoid embarrasing situations like that.....

TheSpyder 02-22-2007 05:02 PM

Sorry Chuck,

No hard feeling meant. It's just kind of funny that we are all misspelling it, me as well. It's just an unnatural way to spell the words and I keep going back myself and correcting. And looking at this blog, so is everyone else. I'd say 90% are wrong.

And by the way, no knock on you as a trainer my friend. Have followed you for years and you're 1st class!

Spyder

Cannon Shell 02-22-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSpyder
Sorry Chuck,

No hard feeling meant. It's just kind of funny that we are all misspelling it, me as well. It's just an unnatural way to spell the words and I keep going back myself and correcting. And looking at this blog, so is everyone else. I'd say 90% are wrong.

And by the way, no knock on you as a trainer my friend. Have followed you for years and you're 1st class!

Spyder

No problem. I thought it was pretty funny really.

AeWingnut 02-22-2007 05:13 PM

looks good. thanks for the pics.

AeWingnut 02-22-2007 05:42 PM

wish I lived near a good track (but not in the neighborhoods some are in)

I went to the OTB on the weekend of the Swale and Holy Bull stakes but it feels like I haven't been in months. I am not going to go this weekend either. Save my money for the Fountian of Youth or my power bill that I haven't opened yet.

I get depressed.

Then I saw the new pics of Sumwonlovesyou

a very nice sunshiney day (oh great now I got the Brady's stuck in my head)

anyway, I get happy when I think about her.

Thanks again

good luck

westcoastinvader 02-22-2007 10:49 PM

Jeez Louise!

I only get to skim here from time to time, but was here enough to see this group going forward with a fun purchase.

Someone should have put up some FLASHING LIGHTS on her lineage!

Sent out emails!

If I had known that for $500 or so I could have bragged about Northern Dancer, Mr. Prospector and Secretariat.....just to note a few, I'd a ponied up in a heartbeat.

What a good looking filly!

Congratulations, owners!

pdrift1 02-23-2007 12:34 AM

thanks again chuck and steve ,she looks great!!!!!!! partners i think we have done well for ourselves. pat yourself on the back all !!!!!!!!:)

SmartyZapper714 02-23-2007 01:45 AM

i like the blog and photos.. please keep us updated.

ShadowRoll 02-23-2007 07:29 AM

Got an idea for Sumwon's first run with the new connections: we get Ramon Dominguez on board (when he's better) and if he gives a screwy ride like he sometimes does, 40 people call him up and berate him. Or, we can just have BTW do all the berating for us -- he'd probably do it better than the rest of us put together, anyway.

Seriously, I wonder if that's a consideration jocks take into account when they take a job -- how many owners the horse has, and therefore how many pains in the a$$ they might be taking heat from? At least I know there are some trainers foolhardy enough to deal with a crazy mob (just kidding Chuck).

2 Dollar Bill 02-23-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowRoll
Got an idea for Sumwon's first run with the new connections: we get Ramon Dominguez on board (when he's better) and if he gives a screwy ride like he sometimes does, 40 people call him up and berate him. Or, we can just have BTW do all the berating for us -- he'd probably do it better than the rest of us put together, anyway.

Seriously, I wonder if that's a consideration jocks take into account when they take a job -- how many owners the horse has, and therefore how many pains in the a$$ they might be taking heat from? At least I know there are some trainers foolhardy enough to deal with a crazy mob (just kidding Chuck).

Which is worse.. 40+ owners.. or the rail birds, with a beer in on hand & the form in the other hand. )(*&^%$#@#$%&^ the jockey when we walks back to the jockey room after the race ?? :D

brianwspencer 02-23-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill
Which is worse.. 40+ owners.. or the rail birds, with a beer in on hand & the form in the other hand. )(*&^%$#@#$%&^ the jockey when we walks back to the jockey room after the race ?? :D

Or the guys at Gulfstream who just stand by the paddock walkway and heckle Guidry every race he rides....before the race even happens?

AeWingnut 02-23-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianwspencer
Or the guys at Gulfstream who just stand by the paddock walkway and heckle Guidry every race he rides....before the race even happens?

Guidry is a great bet at Gulfstream. Ramon doesn't ride at Fairgrounds.
btw.. is Talamo still winning?

I feel like it's been a lifetime since I've been to the Otb

Cannon Shell 02-23-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut

Talamo has been holding his own lately though he did hit the rail pretty hard when his mount brokedown today

bugsoup 02-24-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Talamo has been holding his own lately though he did hit the rail pretty hard when his mount brokedown today

yea joe talamo is still winning. now how long will sumwonlovesyou be at the fair grounds. anyone knows steve?

Sightseek 02-24-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut

He had a very nice mount yesterday in the Juddmonte homebred son of Mizzen Mast, TRIMARAN. He won easily by 6 1/2 on the turf.

Left Bank 02-24-2007 06:44 PM

Has this horse raced already?