Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Esoteric Central (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Last of Us (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72059)

Dahoss 01-30-2023 10:20 AM

The Last of Us

Anyone watching this?

jms62 02-02-2023 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1171664)
Anyone watching this?

Yes. Not usually a fan of zombie-esque stuff. Last episode (3) we watched last night blew us away. I never really thought about it but it could been top 5 of single best episodes of anything I've watched. If they give awards for single episodes and guest appearances I would have to think yesterday would win. Equal parts Drama-Comedy-Tragedy which from the beginning I would Never have seen coming.

Also watching Your Honor. Bryan Cranston arguably the best actor out there which I couldn't have predicted from his humble beginnings on Malcom in the middle.

Dahoss 02-02-2023 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1171715)
Yes. Not usually a fan of zombie-esque stuff. Last episode (3) we watched last night blew us away. I never really thought about it but it could been top 5 of single best episodes of anything I've watched. If they give awards for single episodes and guest appearances I would have to think yesterday would win. Equal parts Drama-Comedy-Tragedy which from the beginning I would Never have seen coming.

Also watching Your Honor. Bryan Cranston arguably the best actor out there which I couldn't have predicted from his humble beginnings on Malcom in the middle.

Agree with everything you said. Episode 3 was incredibly well done. Was trying to remember the last time I had seen something so good in TV and I kept coming back to season 1 of True Detective.

jms62 02-04-2023 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1171717)
Agree with everything you said. Episode 3 was incredibly well done. Was trying to remember the last time I had seen something so good in TV and I kept coming back to season 1 of True Detective.

They introduced a little horse racing into Your Honor. FBI agent is a horse racing fan and was watching a race on her IPAD. Since it was dark in New Orleans and the track looked synthetic I'm thinking the feed was Golden Gate :D

Dahoss 02-08-2023 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1171784)
They introduced a little horse racing into Your Honor. FBI agent is a horse racing fan and was watching a race on her IPAD. Since it was dark in New Orleans and the track looked synthetic I'm thinking the feed was Golden Gate :D

Yeah feels like her gambling is going to end up being an issue or at least a bit of a storyline. The episode before she mentioned point spreads while watching basketball at a bar.

jms62 02-10-2023 06:18 AM

Highly recommend Accused on Fox. A bit like Black Mirror but not futuristic as Black Mirror was. Each episode stands alone. Only 3 episodes produced to date.

Kasept 02-12-2023 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1171664)
Anyone watching this?

Tina and I caught up on it since Friday night. I love the apocalyptic type themes and this is terrific.

Kasept 02-12-2023 01:06 PM

Quote:

Was unbelievably moving.

jms62 02-12-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1171889)
Was unbelievably moving.

And hopeful

Dahoss 03-06-2023 10:56 PM

Another fantastic episode last night.

jms62 01-07-2024 01:46 PM

Quote:

Winner :tro:

https://people.com/emmy-awards-2023-...series-8420590