Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Get-Togethers (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tampa 2016 (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58492)

Heels1989 10-06-2015 03:22 PM

A few things to consider regarding the 2nd week/weekend of Feb:
1. No live racing at TBD Thursday 2/11
2. The weekend (13th and 14th) is the lead weekend into the Presidents Day holiday week
3. Sunday the 14th is Val Day

With that said, SW has a sale running from RDU to TPA. RT fare over that weekend is as low as $225

-BT- 10-06-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heels1989 (Post 1044689)
A few things to consider regarding the 2nd week/weekend of Feb:
1. No live racing at TBD Thursday 2/11
2. The weekend (13th and 14th) is the lead weekend into the Presidents Day holiday week
3. Sunday the 14th is Val Day

With that said, SW has a sale running from RDU to TPA. RT fare over that weekend is as low as $225



sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Heels1989 10-06-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1044693)
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Oh to be young and single (and bitter):p

GPK 10-09-2015 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1044670)
Hey Billy you going to join us? Just so you know those guys sure drink a lot.

Don't do it, Billy. Your life will never be the same.

ateamstupid 11-17-2015 07:52 PM

Is this happening?

-BT- 11-18-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ateamstupid (Post 1048043)
Is this happening?

we've been herding cats the past 2 months.

the NC connection can't hammer in any specific dates, so the remaining degenerates are trying to pick up the slack and throwing out dates/locations.

FEB is a wonky month, Super Bowl the first weekend, TK can't miss that, VDay the second weekend, Brian can't miss that.
Which leads us to the 3rd or 4th weekend of FEB or going into March.

Also, we've kicked around the idea that if our flight crew is skinny due to life commitments we might consider other venues. Fairgrounds was a thought, Zia Park, was not.

feel free to post your availability/suggestions

-bt-

ateamstupid 11-18-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1048063)
we've been herding cats the past 2 months.

the NC connection can't hammer in any specific dates, so the remaining degenerates are trying to pick up the slack and throwing out dates/locations.

FEB is a wonky month, Super Bowl the first weekend, TK can't miss that, VDay the second weekend, Brian can't miss that.
Which leads us to the 3rd or 4th weekend of FEB or going into March.

Also, we've kicked around the idea that if our flight crew is skinny due to life commitments we might consider other venues. Fairgrounds was a thought, Zia Park, was not.

feel free to post your availability/suggestions

-bt-

I'm down for either Tampa or Fair Grounds. I went to New Orleans last year but didn't make it to the track despite staying nearby. Late February is good for me, that's the sweet spot between Super Bowl and March Madness.

Rudeboyelvis 11-18-2015 03:35 PM

I'm obviously biased but I've been to both (LA Derby last year - First time at Fairgrounds) and there is no contest as far as the on track experience.

TBD is cleaner, more accessible, and an overall more pleasant place in my opinion.

FG doesn't have boxes outside - they just have some metal bleachers. The grandstand is enclosed and really old and run down. You can go to the clubhouse at the top but it is so high that you really don't get much of a perspective of the race (It is literally built on the space of a city block - the turns are very tight, the track apron is short and the grandstand is completely vertical, so the clubhouse seating is like 5 stories directly above the track)

The plus sides - New Orleans kicks the crap out of Tampa for nightlife & cuisine. Also if you're into playing slots there is one of those slot casinos attached to the track.

Tampa for the trackside experience (second only to Arlington Park in my opinion), pleasant weather, (normally - last year was a fluke), poker, golf, beaches & strip bars

Rudeboyelvis 11-18-2015 03:56 PM

And Dog Tracks ;)

knickslions2 11-18-2015 04:19 PM

Im game for either but would rather Tampa again. Fairgrounds isn't the best track plus Im in New Orleans in March.

-BT- 11-19-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1048113)
Im game for either but would rather Tampa again. Fairgrounds isn't the best track plus Im in New Orleans in March.

for "work" i assume...

knickslions2 11-19-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1048149)
for "work" i assume...

Well of course. All I do is work

Alabama Stakes 11-19-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1048113)
Im game for either but would rather Tampa again. Fairgrounds isn't the best track plus Im in New Orleans in March.

Mardi Gras is in February jazz fest is end of April what's March ? Senior's month?

knickslions2 11-19-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1048175)
Mardi Gras is in February jazz fest is end of April what's March ? Senior's month?

St Patricks day

Alabama Stakes 11-20-2015 12:46 AM

Have you tried Guinness new Nitro IPA ?

-BT- 11-20-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 1048106)
I'm obviously biased but I've been to both (LA Derby last year - First time at Fairgrounds) and there is no contest as far as the on track experience.

TBD is cleaner, more accessible, and an overall more pleasant place in my opinion.

FG doesn't have boxes outside - they just have some metal bleachers. The grandstand is enclosed and really old and run down. You can go to the clubhouse at the top but it is so high that you really don't get much of a perspective of the race (It is literally built on the space of a city block - the turns are very tight, the track apron is short and the grandstand is completely vertical, so the clubhouse seating is like 5 stories directly above the track)

The plus sides - New Orleans kicks the crap out of Tampa for nightlife & cuisine. Also if you're into playing slots there is one of those slot casinos attached to the track.

Tampa for the trackside experience (second only to Arlington Park in my opinion), pleasant weather, (normally - last year was a fluke), poker, golf, beaches & strip bars


i think the first winner/connections of the FG race meet might have just shifted us to TBD this year........"eventually, they're gonna beat you, at a price"

http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20151119&RN=1

Bigsmc 11-20-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1048228)
i think the first winner/connections of the FG race meet might have just shifted us to TBD this year........"eventually, they're gonna beat you, at a price"

http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20151119&RN=1

The Russians!!

Rudeboyelvis 11-20-2015 11:10 AM

The man has a mind like a steel trap.

OLGA!!!!!!

GPK 11-23-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1048063)
we've been herding cats the past 2 months.

the NC connection can't hammer in any specific dates, so the remaining degenerates are trying to pick up the slack and throwing out dates/locations.

FEB is a wonky month, Super Bowl the first weekend, TK can't miss that, VDay the second weekend, Brian can't miss that.
Which leads us to the 3rd or 4th weekend of FEB or going into March.

Also, we've kicked around the idea that if our flight crew is skinny due to life commitments we might consider other venues. Fairgrounds was a thought, Zia Park, was not.

feel free to post your availability/suggestions

-bt-

Don't hate just because Dave and I have become complacent and have allowed scratch offs to fill our juice void. Somebody has to keep the NC Education System afloat.

Heels1989 11-23-2015 09:51 PM

You can't win if you don't play. :eek:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.