Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Paddock (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Retire Maximum Security, please (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66182)

Cajungator26 05-18-2019 08:22 PM

I really do miss you guys. :D

moses 05-18-2019 09:15 PM

Keep looking at the PPs and wondering how Everfast finished 2nd.

Alabama Stakes 05-18-2019 09:18 PM

Was rail on a good rail . I can not believe how bad Anothertwistafate was.

moses 05-18-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1126766)

True. First quarter and you could tell the three front runners were toast.

moses 05-18-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1126737)
Hey horse won good for him and connections. This had nothing to do with derby. This Preakness field was maybe worst we have seen in long time. Proven by Everlast finishing second.

I’m wondering if this three year old group might just not be that good right now. This Preakness field may have been weak...I'm not sure...but I’m also not sure the derby horses behind MS were that great.

That said, I believe the Preakness time was the 2nd fastest time in the last 20 years (behind Curlin).

Dahoss 05-18-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1126768)
True. First quarter and you could tell the three front runners were toast.

To me saying the rail was good is lazy and the kind of thing that leads some handicappers (not you) to get married to bad opinions that aren’t correct. Especially since the track was so fair yesterday.

I think it was fair today. Every horse that won on dirt was 1st or 2nd betting choice, with the exception of War of Will (3rd choice) and Lexitonian who won a 3 way photo over 2 horses that were nowhere near the rail.

Dahoss 05-18-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1126766)

I can

moses 05-18-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1126770)
To me saying the rail was good is lazy and the kind of thing that leads some handicappers (not you) to get married to bad opinions that aren’t correct. Especially since the track was so fair yesterday.

I think it was fair today. Every horse that won on dirt was 1st or 2nd betting choice, with the exception of War of Will (3rd choice) and Lexitonian who won a 3 way photo over 2 horses that were nowhere near the rail.

I actually didn’t watch much of the other races so was just taking his word for it. I think the only other races I watched were on turf.

philcski 05-18-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1126771)
I can

I can too. Was a huge underlay.

Dunbar 05-19-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajungator26 (Post 1126762)
I really do miss you guys. :D

Whoa! You're back after a mere 11 years?

Nice surprise! Hope you stick around.

moses 05-19-2019 08:10 AM

So when is the War of Will - Maximum Security match race going to be?

jms62 05-19-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1126781)
So when is the War of Will - Maximum Security match race going to be?

Haskell?

moses 05-19-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1126782)
Haskell?

Maybe Belmont? But the Haskell seems more likely.

Speaking of Belmont, maybe you or someone else would know. Can a NJ resident sign up for NYRABets for the sole purpose of using the app/account while outside of NJ?

I’m thinking of going to Belmont in the next year or so and want to be able to bet on an app rather than in person, if possible. I’m guessing the answer is no, but it would be great to be able to wager online while out of state.

richard burch 05-19-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1126783)
Maybe Belmont? But the Haskell seems more likely.

Speaking of Belmont, maybe you or someone else would know. Can a NJ resident sign up for NYRABets for the sole purpose of using the app/account while outside of NJ?

I’m thinking of going to Belmont in the next year or so and want to be able to bet on an app rather than in person, if possible. I’m guessing the answer is no, but it would be great to be able to wager online while out of state.

correct

moses 05-19-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard burch (Post 1126786)
correct

Damn. Alright.

freddymo 05-20-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1126787)
Damn. Alright.

IF you have an address that you can use in NY(family etc.), and you can set the account up successfully the app will work in NJ fine, at least it has for me in the past. That said I only use the app a few times a year when I am on track. The biggest issue is funding your account as unless you deposit cash at a machine you cant use a credit card or bank account that has an NJ address I learned this the hard way.

moses 05-23-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddymo (Post 1126822)
IF you have an address that you can use in NY(family etc.), and you can set the account up successfully the app will work in NJ fine, at least it has for me in the past. That said I only use the app a few times a year when I am on track. The biggest issue is funding your account as unless you deposit cash at a machine you cant use a credit card or bank account that has an NJ address I learned this the hard way.

I could probably use a NY address of a family member...but I’m not sure it would be worth the trouble for the relatively few times I’d use it to wager. I’ll just have to do it wager the old fashioned way when I head up to Belmont.

Dahoss 06-16-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER (Post 1126247)
The horse has nothing to prove. 3 horses took major shots at going by him. He simply repelled them all. Johnny tried to sneak by him (much like some little rat that you barely see out of the corner of your eye,) and he responded beautifully. Prat got in front of him for a moment, and Max denied that opportunist, as well. He should deny everyone of these sadists any entertainment from seeing this horse run again. Really, this comes down to whether you think War of Will was gunna get 10f if he wasn't bothered. Myself, Beyer, and many others think he wasn't gunna get the distance. That looked like so many horses that just can't get that last 1/8th to 1/16th of a mile in the derby. Casse is making excuses for his horse not getting 10f in that derby. That is what almost every trainer does. It is almost always hopeful hogwash.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Konk 06-16-2019 05:18 PM

King for a Day came over on him.
I saw it!

SUE! SUE! SUE! :zz:

blackthroatedwind 06-16-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1127904)
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Undoubtably SCUDS is blowing a gasket somewhere on youtube.