Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tiger Fires Stevie! (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43157)

timmgirvan 07-20-2011 03:59 PM

Tiger Fires Stevie!

.....didn't see that coming!:eek:

3kings 07-20-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmgirvan (Post 793189)
.....didn't see that coming!:eek:

I did as soon as Stevie was on Adam Scott's bag. Tiger would consider this disloyal and would fire him. This is even after Stevie asked and was given permission. Only his agent, chief cover-up and liar, are left from Team Tiger. It's a shame because those 3 @holes were made for each other.

MaTH716 07-20-2011 06:26 PM

I think he did the guy a favor. Stevie had quite a run with Tiger and probably made a ton of dough. It's quite possible that Tiger will never regain his past form. So honestly, I really don't see what the big deal is.

GPK 07-20-2011 06:41 PM

Happens all the time. No caddie job is ever safe.

Coach Pants 07-20-2011 11:16 PM

Tiger will be back. Look at the list of major champions since Pussygate. He's going to win at least 3 more.

Seattleallstar 07-24-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK (Post 793319)

but his relation with Stevie was much different. The hell with Tiger cause he is so butt hurt over Stevie trying to make a living

dalakhani 07-24-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattleallstar (Post 794391)
but his relation with Stevie was much different. The hell with Tiger cause he is so butt hurt over Stevie trying to make a living

Strike one against "Stevie" was when he talked to the press last year after the affair. Where does he get off doing that? Carry the bag, shut up and make millions.

Tiger's rules may be strict but they are clear. Am I the only one that thinks "Stevie" had it coming?

horseofcourse 07-24-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalakhani (Post 794418)
Strike one against "Stevie" was when he talked to the press last year after the affair. Where does he get off doing that? Carry the bag, shut up and make millions.

Tiger's rules may be strict but they are clear. Am I the only one that thinks "Stevie" had it coming?

Really? He's published a book of Tiger caddy rules? I'd love to see that one! I am of the opinion caddy''s should not be present at all on a golf course. Carry your own stinking bag like I do. Make our own club decision all the time with no assistance from a stooge. Rake your own traps. Bunch of clowns. I can't even believe this got press. Tiger's an imbecile, but his caddy?? Really? It would be like the San Diego Padre equipment manager losing his job and it is front page news. I don't know if "Stevie" had it coming, but I really don't care. Mr Fluff did fine once Tiger fired him with Furyk I read and is still there I think.

Mickelson, McDowell, Oosthuizen, Kaymer, Schwartzel, Rory, Darren Clarke to answer coach, yeah the northern Ireland golf hall of fame and two south african's with terrible teeth, he can probably take another one.

GPK 07-24-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattleallstar (Post 794391)

Nothing different about it. Tiger was the employer, Steve was the employee. The employee got fired. Big deal. Happens all the time, Jerry.

jwkniska 07-24-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK (Post 793319)

I agree. A caddie's job is safe until the next comment he makes or next problem the golfer runs into... been there, done that!

2MinsToPost 07-24-2011 09:12 PM

I think Kev knows a thing or two bout carrying a bag. lord knows he is a lot smarter then me about everything:D

One thing bout Tigers caddie I really, really dug was he loved dirt racing. cool in my book for that.

Seattleallstar 07-24-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK (Post 794598)
Nothing different about it. Tiger was the employer, Steve was the employee. The employee got fired. Big deal. Happens all the time, Jerry.

best man at your wedding a true bonafide friend. I hardly call it just a employer/employee relationship

hi_im_god 07-24-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattleallstar (Post 794656)
best man at your wedding a true bonafide friend. I hardly call it just a employer/employee relationship

the reality is that guys don't have bff's.

i have a friend i've known for over 40 years. he's a good guy. if i ever get married again he's at the top of the best man list.

i would never hire him.

GPK 08-07-2011 05:25 PM

Karma can still be a mothaf*cka

somerfrost 08-07-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK (Post 798158)
Karma can still be a mothaf*cka

Stevie certainly happy today! Tiger looked better than I expected this weekend, the test will be this coming weekend.

GPK 08-07-2011 07:36 PM

Now he is just starting to sound like a whiny little b*tch. Too bad, as this will take away from how incredible Adam Scott performed this week, especially today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/de...rn=golf-wp4473

herkhorse 08-07-2011 07:48 PM

He's an idiot, Scott could have won this week with me on the bag. :zz:

GPK 08-07-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkhorse (Post 798201)
He's an idiot, Scott could have won this week with me on the bag. :zz:

I'm a huge fan of David Feherty, but he knows better to even interview a caddie after a win like that, especially with that line of questioning. Even after the question, the only thing Steve should have said was "Adam played great this week. I'm very happy for him."

They both have been around long enough to know not to take away from the player like that. It's arguably Adam's biggest win in his career and those two want to drag the soap opera out even longer.

Danzig 08-07-2011 08:07 PM

the guys biggest win, and the caddie gets an interview...i'm sure everyone knows why.

Coach Pants 08-07-2011 08:36 PM

Faherty has a show on the golf channel. It's awful.